Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another Translation Request

Article about: Gentleman this I imagine will be a challenge! Thanks for looking & trying.

?

Default Another Translation Request

Gentleman this I imagine will be a challenge! Especially since I can't figure out how to turn the pics around! Sorry about that. Thanks for looking & trying.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Translation Request   Another Translation Request  

Last edited by Jareth; 05-15-2019 at 10:46 AM.

?

This should save accidents in the home...

Regards

Russ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Translation Request   Another Translation Request  

?

Now, let’s see the rest of the helmet and cover!

Regards

Russ

Frankly it looks postwar added by a non-Japanese. Ikashi, Fujimoto, Tsugiyoshi all names written in the same childish hand and in Hiragana, which is almost never done by adults in Japan. Writing direction is also postwar. It is as if it had been used for penmanship practice by a 5-year old. It could have also been a child's plaything after the war.

?

Thanks Nick. Interesting placement choices for a non Japanese or a child to write on.

Shame that it got mutilated in such an ugly way.

?

I don't see it as ugly or mutilated. Perhaps the names of the soldiers children. I find it odd that the placement areas are known areas where soldiers add their names or info. I'd think a child or others would write on face of pads, all over cover etc

That's why my first impression was that it was done by a non-Japanese collector. The child reference is only to express how badly it was done. So choose an American collector, if that makes more sense to you. Anyway, you are lucky not to see how ugly it makes it in the eyes of a native Japanese. The kind of thing you can only sell in the USA.