Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords Please

Article about: Hi Guy, Thank you for your message and sugestion. An excellent idea and recommendation, one I am happy to comply with. I will post a new thread, probably tomorrow -- Thank you!!!!! With than

Default An Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords Please

Hi, Many years ago, I took an interest in Japanese swords as I liked the style and general look of them. Unfortunately, my interest did not get as far as the accademics of the subject so my knowledge is sadly poor. I am now asking for any information that anyone out there my be able to advise me of please. Your opinions and possible valuation would be greatly appreciated. The first item is an Imperial Army mounted sword with a captain's rank knot. The mounts appear to be standard Army pattern.

with thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

An Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords PleaseAn Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords PleaseAn Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords PleaseAn Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords PleaseAn Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords PleaseAn Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords PleaseAn Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords PleaseAn Appraisal on Some Japanese Swords Please

?

Hi Michael , nice to see you here Your sword is signed Koa Isshin Mantetsu Saku Kore . Here is a nice link for you A very nice cutting blade

Ryujin swords: Koa Isshin Katana
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Nice sword you have there. Having the tassel is a bonus I would say value is around $900.- $1,300 usd. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi Alan, Thank you very much for your very prompt response and the link. The link dispels a popular myth re Manchurian railway lines for me. It sounds like I have an interesting, if late produced, Japanese Katana? I will be showing some more Japanese swords on this thread and would appreciate any comments or oppinions which you may care to make on them. Have you seen the film "Sleepless in Seattle"? Well, when it comes to Japanese swords, meet Clueless in Peterborough!!! At the risk of overstepping the mark, would you be prepaired to estimate a value for me please?

With thanks, regards and best wishes Muichael R

Hi Marty, Thank you for your message, comment and valuation. It is very much appreciated!!!!

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

?

Michael , "Clueless in Peterborough" ha ha , underselling yourself a little i think It is a nice sword in good condition ( which as you know , is everything ) and as you see is classed as much better than an average arsenal blade , if pushed i would not be surprised to see it make £800 + ( the tassel is probably £100 )
    REGARDS AL

Hi Alan, Thank you for your time and expertise!!!! Regards Michael R
    PS, The link is fastenating!!

?

My pleasure Michael
    REGARDS AL

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    ...I will be showing some more Japanese swords on this thread ....
    Michael, I strongly encourage you to begin a new thread with each sword; in that manner we can discuss one sword at a time and not get confused.

--Guy

Hi Alan, One last question if I may? Would this sword have been a Government issue piece or a private perchase item?? Or, is there no way of distinguishing the difference??
    Cheers again Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast