Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Arisaka Type 38 Rifle Finish

Article about: What is the correct finish on the stock of my Arisaka Type 38 Carbine Rifle?? Need correct and finish.... Have a Great Day!!!!!!! LoneStarSoldier

LoneStarSoldier
    ?

Default Arisaka Type 38 Rifle Finish

What is the correct finish on the stock of my Arisaka Type 38 Carbine Rifle?? Need correct and finish....
    Have a Great Day!!!!!!!
    LoneStarSoldier

Are you looking for a picture of a genuine example? If so, remember color can not always be accurate in a photograph.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Well the correct finish is called Urushi shelac or varnish made from a type of sumac tree. It is not something you can currently buy.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Well the correct finish is called Urushi shelac or varnish made from a type of sumac tree. It is not something you can currently buy.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    I did not know that. Urushi is very volitile and can cause severe blistering on any part of the skin that comes in touch with it. Years ago at a Japanese sword show in Dallas, there was some idiot selling it. Someone placed it on the telephone handles and the flush handles of the urinals. It caused a lot of problems in very sensitive areas of the body for many.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I did not know that. Urushi is very volitile and can cause severe blistering on any part of the skin that comes in touch with it. Years ago at a Japanese sword show in Dallas, there was some idiot selling it. Someone placed it on the telephone handles and the flush handles of the urinals. It caused a lot of problems in very sensitive areas of the body for many.
    I found that info on the Bonzai web site a while ago. You are correct Bob. It is like a type poison ivy.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

LoneStarSoldier
    ?

Quote by LoneStarSoldier View Post
    What is the correct finish on the stock of my Arisaka Type 38 Carbine Rifle?? Need correct and finish....
    Have a Great Day!!!!!!!
    LoneStarSoldier
    So I guess a natural wood finish and maybe shellac or vanish????
    Have a Great Day!!!!!!!
    LoneStarSoldier