Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Armband Translation

Article about: I was hoping to get some additional info & additional translations on this armband. What confuses me is " travel agency"? Who would of worn this armband? Translation from Guy &

?

Default Armband Translation

I was hoping to get some additional info & additional translations on this armband. What confuses me is " travel agency"? Who would of worn this armband? Translation from Guy & others is as follows "Yokohama Transportation Division-Official Use- Mankoku Travel Agency" Appreciation if anyone can add to this. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Armband Translation   Armband Translation  

MAP
    ?

didn't they always say "join the Navy, see the World"? Maybe a recruitment office masquerading as a travel agency...I could the young man coming home telling his parent's he booked a 4 year long vacation "cruise"..

Sorry Jareth...couldn't resist..
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nothing unusual. Written as Mankoku, but pronounced as Bankoku, staff from that agency wore this in a navy facility where that travel agency was a contractor, just like reporters need to wear armbands in police press rooms, etc.
    Clients with constant travel needs would often have staff stationed there from a travel agency.

?

Thanks Nick. Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Appreciate it!