Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Army Gunto Stand

Article about: During my research I found an Army Furniture Spec Catalog originally dated 1917, but still in use in 1926. Among the many items was this Gunto stand, in case anyone wants to build an accurat

Default Army Gunto Stand

During my research I found an Army Furniture Spec Catalog originally dated 1917, but still in use in 1926. Among the many items was this Gunto stand, in case anyone wants to build an accurate army style one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Gunto Stand  

?

It amazes me how everything was so rigidly controlled and documented even down to what is essentially a small item of furniture ! Thanks for posting Nick .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

You ain't seen nothing yet, Alan. Seriously, Japanese Army regulations even said that "after you tightly pull up your army underpants, the scrotum should fall to the left side". Don't ask me why, please.
    Getting your balls kicked, because they hadn't learned yet which side was left must have made you feel like you really entered control freak hell.

?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    You ain't seen nothing yet, Alan. Seriously, Japanese Army regulations even said that "after you tightly pull up your army underpants, the scrotum should fall to the left side". Don't ask me why, please.
    Getting your balls kicked, because they hadn't learned yet which side was left must have made you feel like you really entered control freak hell.
    Jeez ....LOL . At least i'd be ok with that one
    REGARDS AL

OK with the left side or the kicking part? Of course you may only use the correct army designated tools to build your Gunto stand.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Gunto Stand   Army Gunto Stand  

Army Gunto Stand   Army Gunto Stand  

?

" Ok with the left side or the kicking part "

Ha ha , i'll leave that to your imagination !
    REGARDS AL

During my research I found an Army Furniture Spec Catalog originally dated 1917, but still in use in 1926. Among the many items was this Gunto stand, in case anyone wants to build an accurate army style one.
    Kühl! Quite similar to rifle stands in army barracks circa 1870s-1880s.

--Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Gunto Stand  

You ain't seen nothing yet, Alan. Seriously, Japanese Army regulations even said that "after you tightly pull up your army underpants, the scrotum should fall to the left side". ...
    Tailors refer to that as "dressing to the left" or "dressing to the right" ... depending on one's .... errrr ...... personal preferences.

--Guy

?

I'd love to build one Nick but I guess you could only use it if you had 12 guntos to fill it with, otherwise you'd be breaking some other regulation... !

Regards

Russ

The movie "Emperor in August" about the failed attempt at the end of the war to stop the Emperor's announcement of surrender, had one of those stands in a command center (if memory serves me).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast