Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

army japanese sword

Article about: Looks like a regulation Japanense Army sword ,produced dureing WW2, I believe some actually came with leather scaberds, sword makers name may be on upper tang,they were made to breakdown,rep

?

Default army japanese sword

hi guys, just bought this at an estate auction and wondering if you all know more then i do on them? tell me i did good!!thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture army japanese sword   army japanese sword  

army japanese sword   army japanese sword  

army japanese sword   army japanese sword  

Default Re: army japanese sword

It looks original.

?

hi,thank you yes this is 100% ORIGINAL JUST WANTED TO KNOW MORE LIKE IF I SHOULD TAKE APART!AND VALUE AND ALL..ITS BLADE IS SUPER CLEAN..

Well, first learn how to take it apart. The maker should be on the tang(?) Value, all depends on the maker, condition etc. I'm not good with Japanese items, sorry. This is all I know.

?

Thats good enought!! Thanks so much for the help on it as i dont want to mess anything up as its never been apart as far as i can tell as it is very tight.

there is no harm in taking one apart, just make sure you don't misplace any parts, and make sure you remember the order they came off.
    as for taking it apart, somewhere in the middle to top third of the handle should be a small bamboo peg (or two) that tightly holds the handle to the tang, just take another small piece of wood (or something that wont damage/mark the peg) and gently push on one side of the peg if it does not push out relatively easily, try the same thing on the other side, as these pegs are sometimes bevelled.
    once the peg is removed, gently hold the blade (wear gloves so as not to get oils on the blade) and the handle and pull apart. voila, you are done.
    i would love to see pics of the tang. it sure looks great as it sits, but the makers mark really tells the tale. i do believe that this is a factory made shin gunto blade , but you never know until dissassembled.
    every now and again you do see a sword in these "shin-gunto" fittings that was a "family' sword that has the tang ground down to fith the handle... these are usually much older blades.

?

Thank you so much for the detailed things on helping me out!! I realy do thank you and i will give it a try tommorow as iam very tired tonight and it would be better doing it when iam feeling better..there looks to be 2 pegs? ok,thanks again and we will see tommorow . whats the difference if nothing on the tang to if there is something? just wondering..maybe i still did well even if nothing on it?ok,talk to you guys soon and realy ,thank you!!

Pammy, If you don't mind, how much did you get it for?

?

Not much i can say that much i realy need to know if the navy hat is original as if its not it should all even out..here are 2 more pictures can anyone tell me abought the numbers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture army japanese sword   army japanese sword  

?

I will say this ,the cival war thinks brang big money!!! I almost won a broom handle german gun.....just missed it!!! ANY IDEA ON THE VALUE OFTHIS WITH OUT SEEING THE BLADE TAG..?THANKS SO MUCH ..
    Last edited by pammy; 09-25-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast