Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beware- ebay 1945 Type 95 sword

Article about: Was browsing the web and found something interesting, so i thought i'd alert everyone here to beware and keep clear of this one. Someone is going to get caught with what i consider to be a f

?

Default Beware- ebay 1945 Type 95 sword

Was browsing the web and found something interesting, so i thought i'd alert everyone here to beware and keep clear of this one.

Someone is going to get caught with what i consider to be a fantasy piece, not the rarity that it is promoted as.

The description states:
    WWII Japanese Officers Wood handle NCO Sword Type 95 with wooden scabbard, 1945 . Condition is Used.

Last stage type.

Mounting of last stage type : Produced by Seki Token Co., Ltd (Gifu Prefecture) - indicated on the Hilt ring.
    Simbol "He" - on the blade with number 134776 .

Incheon Army Arsenal Heinio (Yang) ( Occupied Korea)- Factory Inspection seal.
    The Arsenal responsible for blade manufacture and final assembly of the sword.

Rare piece.
    Total length in scabbard - 40 1/2 in (102 cm); Blade length - 26 1/2 in.
    The scabbard probably custom.

Upon closer inspection of the photos provided, i thought it odd that the blade would have the 'he' stamp, and it is definitely not in my opinion.

The scabbard looked very poor and unusual, i agreed with the seller who stated it was 'probably custom', but not from 1945 i thought.....

After checking some records, i was right, - custom from within the last 3yrs.

A serial number check revealed that the blade was sold in 2016, as a relic with no scabbard. It also had the remains of an Aluminium handle with the appearance of being in a fire, so was charred and burnt.

Looking for similarities between the old photos and the new, revealed the numbers being identical, and i also marked with a red arrow in the pics, the dent at the front top tip of the habiki.

2016 serial numbers are the top 3, with different filters, the bottom serial number is the cleaned up 2020 one.

I've included a compilation of 2016 photo's , the same of the current 2020 sale, and a comparison of the serial numbers for you guys to check out and comment freely on.

Whether the current seller produced this 'rarity' or purchased it as is, remains a mystery, but this is definitely one to stay away from.

Beware- ebay 1945 Type 95 sword Beware- ebay 1945 Type 95 sword Beware- ebay 1945 Type 95 sword

Thanks for the heads up !

Bill

Can you share the seller name? Looks too sophisticated for our favorite Monkey.

?

Thanks Russ, that's the one.
    No it's not the Monkey Bruce, but possibly just as bad.
    Bids went from $50 to $420 in 8hrs..... Either a whole lot of bidders are sucked in, or he's got a schill bidding friend to up the returns for him.

Well done Stegel
    I would add that the wooden handle is somewhat weird, as are the menuki/bolts.

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    I would add that the wooden handle is somewhat weird, as are the menuki/bolts.
    They should look weird. The escutcheon is just an upside down wing nut. Too funny! Great catch OP!!

?

Thanks Monkeyboy, i'm glad someone pointed it out!!

?

Just for your info...

This guy has done a second lot of mods to this and is re-selling again!

Changed it's appearance, but once you know, you can tell a pig is a pig, no matter how much lipstick you put on it.

Wow, so soon after the first attempt. A lot of front and no shame at all, NOW we know he IS a backyard scammer 100%

here's the link if you're interested:

WWII Japanese NCO Sword Type 95 with Wooden handle, 1944-45 | eBay

He’s even used the same pose:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beware- ebay 1945 Type 95 sword   Beware- ebay 1945 Type 95 sword  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast