Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items

Article about: Guys This is not my usual stuff, but I bought a small collection, and these items were in the box. Its a cut off rubber sheet, like life jacket or life raft material measures about 20 inches

Default A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items

Guys
    This is not my usual stuff, but I bought a small collection, and these items were in the box. Its a cut off rubber sheet, like life jacket or life raft material measures about 20 inches by 12 inches

I have no idea what it is from or what it says, and the "tag"? is it a dog tag? Aircraft panel? again, I haven't a clue, also are the googles period? I do get some weird and wonderful stuff, but this beats me hands down
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items   A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items  

A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items   A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items  

Not much to get excited about there. The rubberized fabric is from a 13-man inflatable life raft for ships made in 1963. The upside down oval tag is from 1942 and from a vehicle sold by Nissan Auto Sales in April, probably for a commercial vehicle. Goggles don't strike me as anything Japanese.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items  

Thanks Nick. I never get excited LOL it didn't cost anything There was also a strange flag, Red roundel with ties on - cotton material - shall I post a picture? It has no marking on at all, and it is not printed it has the roundal sewn on ...Very grubby sorry about the pictures I do not know why they went upside down

I don't think there is any militaria in there, so no sense in showing more photos.

pictures of the flag - 39 inches x 60 inches, 3 ties at each end - like a vehicle recognition flag

- - ------- - -

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    I don't think there is any militaria in there, so no sense in showing more photos.
    sorry just saw this as i was posting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items   A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items  

A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items   A bit of help translating and identifying a few weird items  

Probably for the life raft. Check with black light to see whether it has the postwar glow. The Nissan tag may actually be from an old motor for the raft.