Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

box of 7.7 japanese ammo head stamped 44

Article about: found this box of ww2 Japanese ariska ammo 2 rds shy of full. i beleve its 7.7.picked it up at the flea market few months back wanted to share. it was a 5.00 purchase the box has Japanese wr

Default box of 7.7 japanese ammo head stamped 44

found this box of ww2 Japanese ariska ammo 2 rds shy of full. i beleve its 7.7.picked it up at the flea market few months back wanted to share. it was a 5.00 purchase the box has Japanese writing on the box . head stamped 44 and some Japanese symbles on the cartdige itself. theres about 23rds i think. didnt want to take back out of box. very fradgile. but all the ammo is the same,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture box of 7.7 japanese ammo head stamped 44   box of 7.7 japanese ammo head stamped 44  

box of 7.7 japanese ammo head stamped 44  
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-17-2013 at 12:09 AM.

?

Default Re: box of 7.7 jap ammo head stamped 44

I believe that is US made ammo in 7.92x57 caliber for the Chinese. I will look for a picture of it......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Is this the same headstamp?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture box of 7.7 japanese ammo head stamped 44  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

yep same stamp. so what gun would it be made for. do you know. thanks

?

These would work in any 8mm K98 type rifle,the Chinese made their own copies of the German Mauser rifle....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

thanks. chinesse copy everything. interesting

Whatever it is, its got to be worth $5.00 surely?

?

De finitely worth $5,here`s a better pic of the label,what it roughly says is,
    American Arsenal
    7.9 ammunition
    20 pieces.....it was made by Western Cartridge Co.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture box of 7.7 japanese ammo head stamped 44  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

The right ideograph reads "mi" [America] and the left ideograph reads 七九 [79]. Both the Chinese and Koreans call America 美国 Miguo/Miguk [Beautiful Country].

Possibly this ammo was manufactured in the USA in 1979?

Etymological Rabbit-Hole:
    The Korean pronunciation of 美国 is 미국 miguk [me-gook]. As the "war story" goes, during the Korean War American GIs began to call Koreans "gook" because they thought the Koreans were saying "Me Gook" [I'm a gook] when in fact they were saying (in Korean) "Americans!" Since that time, the term has been used solely as a pejorative against Asians and only Asians.

I apologize for writing the pejorative, but I do so only to educate on the etymology.

--Guy

Default Re: box of 7.7 japanese ammo head stamped 44

if were manufactored in 1979, why would it have a headstamp 44. i take it the 44 doesant stand for the year made. thanks for the translation of the ideograph. deadeye

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast