Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody translate this??

Article about: I have an item off my granddad, he isn't with us anymore, so I haven't been able to ask him unfortunatley. Its like a wallet found during one of the wars from a dead soldier I believe... I d

samest89
    ?

Default Can anybody translate this??

I have an item off my granddad, he isn't with us anymore, so I haven't been able to ask him unfortunatley. Its like a wallet found during one of the wars from a dead soldier I believe... I don't have as much knowledge on the wars as I wish I have, and hoping people on this site will and will be able to translate. I recreated what I found in the wallet on paint... As it is really hard to pick up on camera. I hope its close enough to understand! Thanks in advance to anyone who may help.

P.s Im not sure which was round the image is meant to be, it may read upside-down!!Can anybody translate this??Can anybody translate this??

?

Default Re: Can anybody translate this??

The upper half of the paper is upside down. First line looks to be the imperial dating kanji "SHOWA" which was used during WW2 (and beyond), the next line might be the breakdown of the moth and poss. day. Wish I could help you with the rest. If you want to get a pic. up you might want to try the micro feature on your camera, it should make the characters more crisp in the picture.

Tom

I can make out the "Showa" 昭和 Tomp mentioned, upside down at the top, and written in the old style left to right. Possibly a number 10 十 and the number 3 三 "Showa 13"=1938, or maybe "30 Showa" = 1955.
    Second line, also upside down, I see 毋 which by itself could mean "must not", but could be part of another word with the unreadable kanji to the right. The left is probably 月 "month", probably part of the date.
    Third line is also upside down, 策二折目 "second fold" shows where to fold, indicated by the line below/above it.
    Fourth line, again upside down, 晒粉線 "Bleach powder line" referring to the line next to it.

Have you lost interest yet?

OK then. The writing below that appears right side up. Looks like 3 more places to fold the paper
    Finally 形 ? 折 ? appears to say something about the shape you'll end up with if you do all this folding.

samest89
    ?

I appreciate the time given for this, it's been a while but thanks got your help! It's been really beneficial!

?

Actually it says "For a good time call mama san Sasebo Japan"