Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help with a clothing tag?

Article about: I'm hoping to find some help with a tag that is sewn into a pocket of a tunic. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

Default Can anyone help with a clothing tag?

I'm hoping to find some help with a tag that is sewn into a pocket of a tunic. Can anyone help me?
    Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help with a clothing tag?  

?

Like to see rest of tunic. Sorry I can't read kanji but a few other members will hopefully help out.

?

I was trying to figure out the name and came up with this 渡辺嘉司 but the thing is I'm pretty sure 辺 is a postwar kanji. I'd like input from those more proficient in the Japanese language.

This is the tunic. The pictures are from the listing. The tag is inside the bottom right pocket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help with a clothing tag?   Can anyone help with a clothing tag?  

Can anyone help with a clothing tag?  

?

Type 3 work tunic extensively use from navy soldiers and officers, normally it have navy stamp inside, the navy ground froce use it too, buttons recognize it was officer tunic

Thank you very much.

?

It's actually not a Class III but based off of an earlier uniform developed in 1942 called Rikusenjigyofuku 陸戦事業服 or colloquially a Class IV. The proper name is still subject to debate and it gets called a Class III a lot, but it isn't. Unlike the Class III it features five buttons and a collar that fully buttons up. For officers it appears to only be worn during training, but the enlisted counterpart was worn in service and combat extensively from 44-45.