Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone Id this book?

Article about: I came across this book at a gun show. The guy selling it wanted for it so I thought "why not?" It looks like a Japanese soldier's manual but I've never seen one like it. Can you f

?

Default Can anyone Id this book?

I came across this book at a gun show. The guy selling it wanted $10 for it so I thought "why not?" It looks like a Japanese soldier's manual but I've never seen one like it. Can you folks help?Can anyone Id this book?Can anyone Id this book?Can anyone Id this book?Can anyone Id this book?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone Id this book?   Can anyone Id this book?  

?

He wanted $10 for it. Did I do good? It looks WWII. Sorry, cell phone pics are all I've got.

Looks to be a WW2 era Japanese field manual or Soldier's Manual. I have seen them with black covers but this may be a variation.

I think you did very well at $10.00

Smitty

It is a commercial publication titled "In preparation for entering the barracks", a kind of "Soldiering for Dummies" book. The doodling includes "Manchuria 460 Unit" and some addresses in Okinawa. The doodling is almost like he's learning how to write and was not meant to be read, so a lot of gibberish.

?

Do you think it's worth what I paid? There is more writing on the inside covers. Is it WWII period?

$10 is a bargain. Collectors in the States seldom see Japanese wartime printed publications. The writing in it? Could be any time. It's not possible to pinpoint a timeline for such things.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."