Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cave relics

Article about: Good stuff!

Good stuff!

Excellent collection of Japanese items, and it's great that you
    have the history of the areas where they were taken from.
    Love the grenades and helmets. Hell, it's all good.........!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A fascinating "snap shot" of history from a hard fought battle. Thanks for posting these items ,Leon.
    I'll second that!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Excellent grouping of artifacts! Your wooden tag (next to the dog tag) may very well be a legit. unit ID tag for a soldier. From what I can make out, it might be for "To" 2101, which was for the 309th Independent Infantry Battalion, part of the 109th Division. As to the brass dog tag, is there anything on the reverse of the tag? The pics. look to show struck out information on the tag shown. The water bottle with carrier(?) is quite interesting! My grandfather, who was on Iwo Jima before it was considered secure, remembers being startled by a delirious Japanese soldier carrying two glass bottles filled with dirty water and tied together by rags. Evidently, potable water became quite scarce for the Japanese on Iwo Jima. I wonder if your bottle was connected somehow to that scarcity. Again, great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Nice collection! Any stamps/markings on bugle ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12