Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please

Article about: my dad gave me a ww2 japanese sword that he brought about 15 years ago. he has passed it on to me and wants me to find out what it is ect. the sword is in a dark green sheath with brass patt

glennyboy07
    ?

Default chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please

my dad gave me a ww2 japanese sword that he brought about 15 years ago. he has passed it on to me and wants me to find out what it is ect. the sword is in a dark green sheath with brass pattens on it. the handle looks like it has leather rapping around it. the blade has some japanese writing on it and also has the japanese flag on it. if any one could help tha twould be great thanks.
    if you would like any photos then i could send them to you.

many thanks

chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is pleasechinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is pleasechinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is pleasechinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is pleasechinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is pleasechinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is pleasechinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please

?

Default Re: chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please

Usually with any writing on the blade itself (second to last picture) is a bad sign that it is a fake. I don't much about Japanese swords, but I have never seen one with writing on the blade itself.

Sorry but its a chinese copy,,i have its twin here,I bought mine at pudsey militaria fair a couple of years ago as a wall hanger,the seller had quite a few identical
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please   chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please  

chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please   chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please  

chinese/ japenese sword. can someone tell me what it is please  

glennyboy07
    ?

so worth nothing?

to be honest to a collector of swords its worth nothing as its essentially just a decorative piece,I think i paid between £35-£50 for mine ,they still make nice wallhangers.

glennyboy07
    ?

dads not going to be happy lol, he paid £150 for it many years ago

This is a Chinese fake WW2 Katana. The price was no more than 50 USD in China and below 20USD for wholesale. According to the characters, this sword was presented to General Yasuji Okamura by the Japanese Emperor...
    Cheers.
    Jonney