Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection

Article about: Hey guys....Well, I'm really psyched over this one. It's a hand made Emura sword. Chounsai Emura was one of the best sword makers in the showa and his blades rate amond the strongest! He was

Default Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection

Hey guys....Well, I'm really psyched over this one. It's a hand made Emura sword. Chounsai Emura was one of the best sword makers in the showa and his blades rate amond the strongest! He was a prison warden who was sanctioned by the army to produce swords. He even used slave labor (prisoners) to help him with the polishing.

If you would like more information on this smith, you can go to: JAPANESE SWORDSMITH CHOUNSAI EMURA

This smith is also mentioned in the Oshigata Book of Modern Japanese Swordsmiths 1868-1945 by: John Slough

Lots of pics to put up!!

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection   Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection  

Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection   Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection  

Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection   Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection  

Default Re: Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection

More pics....a few showing the temper line, but hard to photograph though.....

Also - if anyone can tell me the significance of the colour in the sword knot....what does the brown and blue represent? rank? Which one?

Thanks!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection   Chounsai Emura Katana added to collection  

Few more pics: how I display the sword and a few shots with my other example: an NCO model katana.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob-
    Congratulations on picking up your Emura blade. The blade and mounts appear to be in excellent condition. If you have a visitor who knows about Japanese swords, they will think you do not trust them. Mounting them on a sword stand with the handles to the right indicates that. The reason being the sword can be grabbed and quickly unseathed. With the handles to the left and the cutting edge up, the mounting indicates you trust the person in the room with you. Just a bit of sword protocol.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hey Bob! Good to know.....but I'm left handed!
    I knew about the sword having the blade facing up/handle facing down....but not about the lefty/righty protocol! That is good to know! I thought I had it right!
    Glad you like it buddy!
    Cheers!

Rob

?

Very nice blade. A beauty in any bodies collection.

Rob,

I am very happy for you my friend! I don't collect Japanese items, but I have always been in awe of these pieces of art when I have held them in hand. I once had the privilege of holding a 17th century blade valued in the tens of thousands of dollars; I could almost feel the spirit of the Samurai (or maybe it was just my overly vivid imagination). This is the quintessential warrior's weapon. I hope very much to have a fine example like you one day.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments - these swords really are pieces or art......that can cut you in half too! hahahaha
    Great work has gone into making these pieces.....I really like it!
    Cheers!

Rob

?

Really nice sword Rob , they have a certain aura about them don`t you think , the beautiful shape of the blade , i find my eyes always drawn to it

cheers Al

They certainly are easy to identify. No mistaking Katanas when compared to other swords - that's for sure! Glad you like it buddy!

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast