Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Colorful Senninbari with Hinomaru and Slogan

Article about: Since we have been discussing senninbari, I thought that I would post images of an example that was fairly popular during the War. The colorful pattern of red hinomaru, black characters for

Default Colorful Senninbari with Hinomaru and Slogan

Since we have been discussing senninbari, I thought that I would post images of an example that was fairly popular during the War. The colorful pattern of red hinomaru, black characters for Buun Chokyu, and blue dots on this senninbari made it a quite attractive item to be purchased. For that same reason, this type is in demand among collectors today. The actual pattern was printed onto the white cotton cloth, and these were then mass-sold in stores. Families might purchase these, and then take them to public places, or any location where large groups of women might be found. Remember, only women could place the knots or stitches. Markets, train stations, etc. were the favored destinations of women hoping to have their loved one's senninbari completed. Once each dot was covered, the item might have tie strings attached to it so that it could be tied around the waist, or it might simply be offered to the military man as-is.
    MichaelBColorful Senninbari with Hinomaru and SloganColorful Senninbari with Hinomaru and SloganColorful Senninbari with Hinomaru and Slogan

?

Many thanks for this post Michael , very interesting
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

You are welcome Alan.
    MichaelB