大東亜戦争 Dai Tō-A Sensō (The Great East Asia War)-----Day By Day
Article about: Christmas came early! This thread will be a great read!
昭和十七年 一月十五日 Shouwa 17 (1942) January 15th, 1942
日本軍ビルマ攻撃部隊タイに集結 Imperial Japanese Armed Forces Prepares to Attack Burma
Imperial Japan's Burma Invasion forces were all gathered in Thailand.
昭和十七年 一月二十日～二十二日 Shouwa 17 (1942) January 20th~22nd, 1942
第一航空艦隊によるラバウルを空襲, 制圧 Air Attacks On Rabaul, New Britain
Aircraft from IJN 1st Air Fleet bombs Rabaul and gains air superiority.
- 109 IJN aircrafts took off from 4 carriers made first air strike on Rabaul. (Akagi, Kaga, Soryu, Hiryu)
- 5 R.A.A.F. interceptors were shot down.
- 52 aircarft from Akagi and Kaga attacks Kavieng.
- 75 aircraft from Soryu and Hiryu attacks Madang, Lae-Salamaua.
- Destroyed most of the Allied aircarft.
- Australian ground forces abandoned Kavieng and retreats.
- 46 aircraft from Akagi and Kaga made second air strike on Rabaul.
- Destruction of coastal artillery, and other important strategic targets.
- Japanese ground forces landed on Kavieng without resistaence.
昭和十七年 一月二十三日 Shouwa 17 (1942) January 23rd, 1942
日本軍、ニューブリテン島ラバウル占領 Imperial Japan Captures Rabaul, New Britain
Imperial Japanese armed forces occupies Rabaul.
- Important strategic land/airbase.
In Bayonets and trench knives of the world
In Imperial Germany and Austro-Hungary