Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Documentation Requiring the Stamping of Blades?

Article about: I am making an effort to clean up the intro to my Stamps Document (blades stamps), and realized that I have no document or reference book that conclusively states when the government declare

Default Documentation Requiring the Stamping of Blades?

I am making an effort to clean up the intro to my Stamps Document (blades stamps), and realized that I have no document or reference book that conclusively states when the government declared that all non-traditionally made blades must be marked with a stamp. Kevin Jones (Ryujin Swords) and George Trotter say it was in 1938 but neither have a source.

Does anyone know of an authorative source, or govt document, which dates this edict?

Such commercial regulations also need to be published in the government gazette, but for 1938 alone there were 304 issues, each with about 20 pages of small text, so unless you can narrow it down further, it is more than 6000 pages to search through.

Ok, and we don't even know for sure if 1938 is the right year. Oh well. Just keep an eye out if you perchance stumble across something on the subject as you're doing what you do.

Really appreciate working with you and what you do for the collector world!