Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dog tag help please

Article about: I picked this tag off ebay the other day. I wish I had gotten more information on who brought it back but it was picked up in a frame a bunch of tokens and no other military items that might

Default Dog tag help please

I picked this tag off ebay the other day. I wish I had gotten more information on who brought it back but it was picked up in a frame a bunch of tokens and no other military items that might direct me to the area this might have come from. It has very small stamps which I don’t see that often. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dog tag help please   Dog tag help please  

You’ll have to wait to get it “interpreted”, but it says:
    垣六五五七
    中三九
    番一四七
    Gaki/Fence 6557
    39th Company
    No. 29

— Guy

?

It is a tag for 16th Recon. Regt., 16th Div., last located on Leyte. I am more of the mind that the middle column, "Chu" 39 is the home "depot" number that Cav and Recon fell under when assembled in Kyoto. Recon. connected items do not pop up all that much, nice tag.

Tom

Looking around the web there’s a couple of books that mentions them. Conquest of the Philippines and Return to the Philippines. I wish I had the pay book to know how long this soldier was in the Philippines. Wikipedia has them listed in the reconnaissance page as being destroyed in Luzon but I have always heard too not trust the site too much.