Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Girlfriend's Treasures

Article about: So today my girlfriend was asking me what I wanted for Christmas. I've been putting a small display together for my Type 2 and Type 99 bringback and wanted to get a nice hinomaru yosegaki an

Wow! wonderful information Stu. Thankyou so much!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hinomaru yosegaki.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	920477.... she also pulled this one out of the closet last week.... this girl is cracking me up!

I also got to speak to her grandmother this past weekend. We were returning from a trip to Florida (Where I popped the big question) and made a stop to meet her grandmother. She had married twice, the second time after her first husband died. Both of her grandfathers had served in the war, one in the Army Air Corps as a signal operator on a B-24 and the other was an infantryman. She had a shadowbox made for the infantryman with his dog tags, ribbons, CIB, dog tag, and unit patch. From his awards that I saw in it he served in both the ETO and PTO with multiple star devices as well as an arrowhead device. Her grandmother served in the Cadet Nurse Corps during the war as well. I loved getting to speak with her and hope I will get to do it again soon!

Definitely a Keeper!! The Girl AND the flag!! Congrats! Geoff

Thanks Geoff!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234