Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Girlfriend's Treasures

Article about: So today my girlfriend was asking me what I wanted for Christmas. I've been putting a small display together for my Type 2 and Type 99 bringback and wanted to get a nice hinomaru yosegaki an

Default Girlfriend's Treasures

So today my girlfriend was asking me what I wanted for Christmas. I've been putting a small display together for my Type 2 and Type 99 bringback and wanted to get a nice hinomaru yosegaki and frame it. When I showed her a picture of one she says "I have seen that before. I think my grandmother gave me one of my grandfather's". Later when we checked it out, she brought both of these out and dejectedly said "I guess this isn't what you were looking for, huh?" Meanwhile I could barely contain my excitement. When I told her what little knowledge i know on these flags, she was happy and kept saying I never knew what it was. Anyways I'm looking to get some more info on these types of flags. Are they battle flags? And any idea of their value? I want to get them framed for her and display them properly as well as do more research on her grandfather. Any recommendations on how to frame these things??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Girlfriend's Treasures   Girlfriend's Treasures  

Girlfriend's Treasures   Girlfriend's Treasures  

Girlfriend's Treasures  

?

What a great gift from Grandma.

?

Nice, I have one similar....it's an IJA flag.
    Regards,
    John

Yep! Imperial Japanese navy. Some of them had the sun offset to the left, some completely centered. The corners and aging make me think its real. Not to mention where you got it. I say real but please wait for other opinions

Thanks guys! Any recommendations on framing them??

Seeing as the rayed sun is centred, I believe these
    are for the Japanese Army. Very nice flags.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes I told her that they were most likely army flags due to the meatball being centered. Thanks for the info!

T

MAP
    ?

How big are they? I've never framed a flag (all mine are too large) but unless it is small, it would be quite impractical IMHO to frame. There are some guys here who have done it before and hopefully can give you pointers. But you would need to put it in a frame that has a UV type glass to prevent fading and also has a backing that is acid free. Not sure how to mount it though.

If she does not frame them she should roll them up and not fold them. They sell archival tubes but they are not cheap. You can just get a normal tube and wrap it in acid free tissue paper or cotton cloth first and then roll the flag on it and cover it with the same paper or cotton cloth.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

They are roughly 2 x 2.... I thought they were most likely flags they would attach to their rifles. Not really big. Thanks for the info MAP!

T

Yep I stand corrected. Japanese army. I should have known better than to rely on my memory..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast