Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gun Show Naval Dirk

Article about: Hello all,I thought I would share some photos of a Naval Dirk I picked up recently at a local gun show. Normally I just go in hopes of finding something to no avail with the only consolation

Default Gun Show Naval Dirk

Hello all,I thought I would share some photos of a Naval Dirk I picked up recently at a local gun show. Normally I just go in hopes of finding something to no avail with the only consolation being I am supporting the local show. This time I lucked into a deal in the parking lot on the way out! Standard machine made blade but in pretty good condition.Now my morale has improved for wading through the blowguns and beef jerky!! Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gun Show Naval Dirk   Gun Show Naval Dirk  

Gun Show Naval Dirk   Gun Show Naval Dirk  

Gun Show Naval Dirk   Gun Show Naval Dirk  

?

That is a nice one.

Very nice, I have always wanted one for my collection. Great pictures it really shows off such a fine example of a Japanese navy dagger.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

So Geoff, tell us the rest of the story! In the parking lot?

MAP
    ?

Beautiful. These are really smart looking dirks. Hope I stumble across one some day
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice one.

Yes the parking lot deals are the best!! Nice dirk Geoff.

Steve

?

Nice example!

?

Does it have a stamp on the crossguard?

Bruce,Here is my approach to the "Parking Lot Tactic" I usually try to get to the venue early and make a quick run through the show .Many of the dealers will ask me about Items that are non gun related because I pass out cards and they know I collect militaria. I help with info and pricing even if I am not interested in the piece so I stay on pretty good terms with the dealers, and when they run across things they can track me down through the other dealers.Then I loiter in the entry way for a while and watch for swords etc.Many times people will just be trying to see what things are worth so I give them a reasonable value and a card many times I get a call a few weeks later on the item or from someone who knows them and has something to sell.Other times they will have other Items in their vehicle and I can go look at them in the parking lot and make a deal before they get into the show and see the insane prices!!! Regards,Geoff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast