Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with Hinomaru Yosegaki

Article about: Hello there, Just wondering if one of you experts could take a look at the photo of this Hinomaru Yosegaki I have been offered for £120. Are you able to comment on its authenticity? Been aft

?

Default Help with Hinomaru Yosegaki

Hello there,

Just wondering if one of you experts could take a look at the photo of this Hinomaru Yosegaki I have been offered for £120.

Are you able to comment on its authenticity? Been after one for some time but seem to have no luck in this quest.

I have posted this in the flag section too so apologies for any duplication.

Thank you again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Hinomaru Yosegaki  

?

From this single picture it looks OK, if you want a flag I have this one for sale in the classifieds. OPEN TO OFFERS...Japanese hinomaru yosegaki flag - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

As the flag is posted from the reverse, it is difficult to clearly see or read the kanji. Request a picture of the flag presented properly for an accurate judgement.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As the flag is posted from the reverse, it is difficult to clearly see or read the kanji. Request a picture of the flag presented properly for an accurate judgement.

The image is back-to-front and upside down.

?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    The image is back-to-front and upside down.
    This is why I came here - you guys know your stuff.

Adam I think your flag is a bit outside my price range sadly.

Does anyone have an opinion on the vast number of these that are being sold be sellers from Japan on ebay? In many ways it makes total sense as you would expect there to be a few of these knocking around in Japan in peoples attics but you cannot help but be wary of the fact that it would be incredibly easy for them to make up fakes.

For example this is an ebay auction flag that I like. But I know very little other than to look for the corner tabs. How does it look to you guys?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Hinomaru Yosegaki  

?

I rotated this picture round - is that helpful?

Rod
    ?

Quote by HJCP View Post
    Better. I think your pic shows the back of the flag, it could be read in a mirror though.

Generally WW2 Hinomaru no yosegaki fall somewhere between 38" X 25" in size and have triangular corner reinforcement of leather, leatherette or gold foil supporting the ties. Assuming it is in Japanese you need to figure out if it was signed by many hands or not. For that search out a few images that are beyond question, Adam's seems good, and compare how different people write. Does this your intended exhibit the same variations?

Regards, Rod

Quote by HJCP View Post
    It is still showing the reverse of the flag.
    BOB

Quote by HJCP View Post
    This is why I came here - you guys know your stuff.

Adam I think your flag is a bit outside my price range sadly.

Does anyone have an opinion on the vast number of these that are being sold be sellers from Japan on ebay? In many ways it makes total sense as you would expect there to be a few of these knocking around in Japan in peoples attics but you cannot help but be wary of the fact that it would be incredibly easy for them to make up fakes.

For example this is an ebay auction flag that I like. But I know very little other than to look for the corner tabs. How does it look to you guys?
    Returning soldiers following the war would have brought their hinomaru home with them. There is no reason to not think they were kept as an important part of their life. The key for me of a piece being period would be that the signatures were all signed by a different hand. In my opinion, it would be too much work for a faker to get 50-60 different people to sign a flag. The Ebay flag looks to be legitimate.
    BOB

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Returning soldiers following the war would have brought their hinomaru home with them. There is no reason to not think they were kept as an important part of their life. The key for me of a piece being period would be that the signatures were all signed by a different hand. In my opinion, it would be too much work for a faker to get 50-60 different people to sign a flag. The Ebay flag looks to be legitimate.
    Thanks Bob.

Certainly I think the flags brought home possibly have slightly more interest, albeit somewhat morbid, as we are all aware their is a high likelihood their owners never made it home.

I imagine that the story of the survivors was often no less interesting, ultimately.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast