Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with identifying Japanese sword please

Article about: I have been offered this sword, but can find nothing like it on-line. It is supposed to be a vet bring back, but I can not see the 3 chrysanthemums on the handle to denote Imperial Japan, an

?

Default Help with identifying Japanese sword please

I have been offered this sword, but can find nothing like it on-line. It is supposed to be a vet bring back, but I can not see the 3 chrysanthemums on the handle to denote Imperial Japan, and the scabbard is much more decorated than any others I have seen.
    Help with identifying Japanese sword pleaseHelp with identifying Japanese sword pleaseHelp with identifying Japanese sword pleaseHelp with identifying Japanese sword pleaseHelp with identifying Japanese sword pleaseHelp with identifying Japanese sword please

Default Re: Help with identifying Japanese sword please

Hey Al,
    Keep your money in your pocket.The sword posted is NOT a vet bring back it's a nasty chinese copy and not worth anything.
    Cheers Simon

Hi, i admit to knowing absolutly zilch about these JAPANESE swords but i will say that if you cannot find any known wartime examples of one matching this one,give it a miss.Chances are that if there are no others like this from ww2,thats because they did'nt exist!!

Many sword carried in WW2 were a mixture of an old sword mounting and an adapted military form scabbard. This is not one of them. It is a very poorly constructed Chinese fake as previously stated. If it is a vet bringback, it is from an Afgani war vet bringing it back from a visit to China recently. The person who is selling this either knows little about these items or is an out and out crook.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Bob, I love your sense of humor. Unfortunately, there are way too many crooks out in the world! Thanks guys for the help with this. I have some Kanji on a silk Japanese flag being translated by a Japanese friend at the moment, and will post pics if it looks good.

As Simon already said above - NASTY.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Can you just imagine the looks on the faces of other sword carrying soldiers when they got a look at that baby hanging on someone's belt.

Regards,
    Stu