Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help With Kanji on Imperial Household Dirk

Article about: Trying to find someone who knows the meaning of the marking on this Imperial Household ministry dirk. I know I've seen a similar one (maybe on a Kyugunto?), but I'm having trouble finding th

Default Help With Kanji on Imperial Household Dirk

Trying to find someone who knows the meaning of the marking on this Imperial Household ministry dirk. I know I've seen a similar one (maybe on a Kyugunto?), but I'm having trouble finding the thread.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help With Kanji on Imperial Household Dirk   Help With Kanji on Imperial Household Dirk  

Using Guy's symbols, I found a translation software that gives some definitions. My attempts at translating kanji have been pretty poor, so I post this in the hopes it will trigger someone who really knows! I also don't know the proper order the symbols should be read through the square, but then, if they might not be meant to be a sentence, but more a collection of meaningful ideas:
    ム - Moon
    山 - Top; summit; mountain
    正 - True; righteous; just; honets; rightfully
    又 - Again; moreover; too; once

I suspect it is a collection of meaningful ideas like we say "God, Family, Country" or "Duty, Honor, Country", but I don't know and am still searching.

?

That is the logo of a store by the name of Echizen’ya-Tazaki Shōten 越前屋多崎商店 of Tōkyō.

Quote by Kiipu View Post
    That is the logo of a store by the name of Echizen’ya-Tazaki Shōten 越前屋多崎商店 of Tōkyō.
    Thanks! I was having a Devil of the time trying to figure out the kanji..... I was looking at something similar to 武 or 道.

This will show the others. After rotating 90º clock-wise: center is original punch, left is inserted kanji, right is a copy of the punch with overwriting:

Help With Kanji on Imperial Household Dirk

-- Guy