Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with Mei on Toyokawa Sourvenir Nakago, Please?

Article about: The Toyokawa/Tenshozan souvenir blades are usually mumei, but sometimes they come signed. May I have some help translating this one, please? Respectful gratitude in advance!

Default Help with Mei on Toyokawa Sourvenir Nakago, Please?

The Toyokawa/Tenshozan souvenir blades are usually mumei, but sometimes they come signed. May I have some help translating this one, please?

Respectful gratitude in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Mei on Toyokawa Sourvenir Nakago, Please?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with Mei on Toyokawa Sourvenir Nakago, Please? 

Doesn't even look Japanese in this blurry photo. Need a sharper focus.

I don't own the blade, so these are photos of photos. I've tried a couple of enhancements:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Mei on Toyokawa Sourvenir Nakago, Please?   Help with Mei on Toyokawa Sourvenir Nakago, Please?  

Sorry, cannot see the strokes, so cannot help.

The middle kanji looks like

Ikan, Naranashi; dai, da, nai

Must agree with Nick: too fuzzy to read.

-- Guy

Ok, thanks guys. It was worth a try.

?

The characters could be 伊奈波 [Inaba]? Below are some links that might assist in the kanji identification.

Kai gunto katana sword for review
    Kai gunto katana sword for review - Military Swords of Japan - Nihonto Message Board

Arsenal Stamps.
    Arsenal Stamps. - Page 14 - Military Swords of Japan - Nihonto Message Board
    Last edited by Kiipu; 06-07-2020 at 09:30 PM.

This is no UFO or Loch Ness Monster photo forum. We should not need to speculate over mysterious fuzzballs here. Why not just have a clear photo taken?

Thanks Kiipu, I think you have it. It seems to be writting in the cursive style (sorry don't know what that's called in Japanese) of that name.

Nick,
    I appreciate your help, but it's an old file photo in my records, and I don't even know where I got it, so no chance of another, better shot.

At least, we all seem to agree it's not Big Foot, if that is called progress.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast