Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed on sword

Article about: hello! i buy this sword to use in a reenacting show (its a fake sword for sure) but i want to know what can i do to make this sword more like the real thing. thanks. sarthorius. PS. someone

sarthorius
    ?

Default Help needed on sword

hello! i buy this sword to use in a reenacting show (its a fake sword for sure) but i want to know what can i do to make this sword more like the real thing.
    thanks.
    sarthorius.

PS. someone knows what is the writing on the habaki?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed on sword   Help needed on sword  

Help needed on sword  

sarthorius
    ?

Default Re: Help needed on sword

more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed on sword   Help needed on sword  

Help needed on sword   Help needed on sword  

?

hi,i m just learning and far from a expert way far,,but somethings look real to me on it,like the scabbard and the fittings?could be the lighting in the picture?some one will help you out a lot better...pammy

sarthorius
    ?

hi pammy
    thanks for the reply! i have found one that is just the same sword on this site.
    imperial japan army officer gunto samurai sw ord type...
    I want to know what is the correct color of the scabard..theres a great variation of colors...

?

hi,the one you have for your looks nice,like i said its a great looking sword for being a $40 re-pro ,,i guess the color depends on that typ that you re-acting?navy would be black and army a brownish?iam just gussing as there are people on here that can help you a lot more than i can,i dont want to miss led you..

?

Not sure what you are after. Its a repro. you could spend money on a better scabbard, but why? Fine for re-enacting as is, as long as that does not involve cutting, which is likely dangerous with this blade.

Not the worse repro, and the money was right. Some pay 600 for such on ebay, or a rather low price with 100 + shipping, so you did alright.

If it were me I would save up for a real period item. A real gunto w.machine made blade should be doable for 600, but have seen them go for 1200 +. Prices have shot up.

Regards

PS> I posted a link to a Japan gunto site. in another pammy thread. Check it out. More than you need on what is right/wrong for a gunto.

Cheers

sarthorius
    ?

thanks for the help drdata!