Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed Sword

Article about: I am wondering about authenticity and period . pre ww2 ? Looks like a naval one ? I am not sure . Blade doesn’t look too good , but sign in on the tang . Let me know please .thanks

?

Default Help needed Sword

I am wondering about authenticity and period . pre ww2 ? Looks like a naval one ? I am not sure . Blade doesn’t look too good , but sign in on the tangs.
    Let me know please .thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed Sword   Help needed Sword  

Help needed Sword   Help needed Sword  

Help needed Sword  
    Last edited by Pat84; 06-10-2020 at 08:21 PM.

?

Got it and changed it . Was rushing posting the thread .

- - ------- - -

So Nick .any idea ?

The tang photo has not changed and is too incomplete to read.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    The tang photo has not changed and is too incomplete to read.
    Agree with Nick. All I can read is:
    *住土岐兼*
    ~jū Toki Kane~

I've checked Markus Sesno's book for "土岐兼" but come up empty. There are results for 土岐 Toki, but none with the art name beginning with 兼 Kane.

Did a Google search and found one, but no guarantees that is your swordsmith:
    濃州住土岐兼正作
    Noshū jū Toki Kanemasa-saku

Need a clear image of the tang.

-- Guy

It is a nice Type 97 WWII Japanese Officer sword (nice fittings anyway, could use better pics of the blade and tang). The saya (scabbard) is covered by a skin (shark, ray, eel - can't see enough of it) that was a costly upgrade.

?

I trying to get better pictures . What would be the value of a type sword like this one ? Costly upgrade by the owner so a Navy Officer ? Thanks

?

I trying to get better pictures . What would be the value of a type sword like this one ? Costly upgrade by the owner so a Navy Officer ? Thanks

MAP
    ?

The forum is happy to provide evaluations on authenticity but as a general rule we avoid proving monetary valuations.

To rotate your photos to the correct orientation, it is best you down load the photos to your computer. Manual rotate, make some small edit (crop,etc. ) and then upload. Cell phone software provide deceptive orientation. It looks right on the phone but not when shared to a PC or web application.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Ok .thanks for letting me know .