Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

High Quality Gunto Repair

Article about: I just picked up a Type 95, version 2, NCO gunto with what appears to be repaired damage to the edge, just before the kissaki. It's about 1 in. long, half raindrop shaped. The fill is differ

Default High Quality Gunto Repair

I just picked up a Type 95, version 2, NCO gunto with what appears to be repaired damage to the edge, just before the kissaki. It's about 1 in. long, half raindrop shaped. The fill is different in color, rougher to the touch. The edge is slightly concave. There are 2 other nicks and various perpendicular scracthes.

I don't know whether the repair was done on the mainland or at a traveling field repair site, but it's cool to have an actual example of what I've read in books about the field repair groups!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture High Quality Gunto Repair   High Quality Gunto Repair  

Attached Images Attached Images High Quality Gunto Repair  High Quality Gunto Repair  High Quality Gunto Repair  High Quality Gunto Repair 

For those interested here's the serial number. It's my first one with inspector marks on the tsuka, inside tab of the throat piece, and on the drag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture High Quality Gunto Repair   High Quality Gunto Repair  

Attached Images Attached Images High Quality Gunto Repair 

MAP
    ?

I must say, that pumpkin looks like an awfully tempting target.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'd be lyin' if I said the thought hadn't passed through my mind too!

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I must say, that pumpkin looks like an awfully tempting target.......
    Heh Heh I was thinkin that.

MAP
    ?

A nice and very interesting blade nonetheless!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)