Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hinomaru Yosegaki flag for review ---

Article about: New to this field, although I have read lots of threads and gawked at quite a few online this year, so I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this particular example. This one was a

Default Hinomaru Yosegaki flag for review ---

New to this field, although I have read lots of threads and gawked at quite a few online this year, so I was wondering if I could get some opinions on this particular example. This one was apparently brought back from Burma by a British soldier (POW).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Japanese Prayer Flag 1.JPG 
Views:	341 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	706428Name:  Japanese Prayer Flag 3.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  15.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Japanese Prayer Flag 4.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	706425Name:  Japanese Prayer Flag 2.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  17.5 KB

I really like the general looks of it, apart from the unfortunate color bleed (which was supposedly due to the combination of humidity and having been rolled up in a hessian bag for quite some time), nicely laid out writing etc. but I really am out of my depth here so ANY input would be greatly appreciated!

?

This is on ebay at the moment. Looks like the kanji is the same, except the bottom middle one......maybe the name.

. Wait till some members translate it, will not be long I am sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	706440
    "You will get all the rest you need in the grave"

Thanks for your input! That one does indeed seem to be very similar, except for the middle bottom line, like you pointed out... interesting.

?

Plus yours has stampings on the top.

Ah, yes indeed--- stamps in both upper corners, I was thinking these were temple stamps?

?

Yup, need the translators to hop in. To me it is probably a good generic flag, since all the kanji is similar except the middle bottom. I have never seen one before, let alone two in a day.....but never looked for one. Taka-San or Guy will be able to translate. Will be interesting to find out what it says.

Hope it turns out good for you.

Don't think I've ever seen this "generic" type before either, funny that you found another right off the bat!
    Even though it might be a generic flag with only minor personalization it still has a nice tidy look to it, quite visually appealing --- just a shame about the color bleed. Will be interesting to hear other opinions/possibly get a translation of the Kanji and meaning of the stamps!

?

You will, once the guys show up. I like the bleeding, gives it a good look.

?

Definitely Seabee special or similar, done with non-Japanese hand. Some have double stamps as the above, others do not. Stamps can vary with these. Arguably collectible in its own right, but not a flag given to a Japanese soldier by family/friends, etc.

Tom

Ahhh --- too bad. Oh well, good to know either way! Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

The hunt for a nice one continues

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast