Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hinomaru Yosegaki with Shrine Stamp and Artwork

Article about: Hello Everyone, I recently purchased this Hinomaru Yosegaki as a late Christmas present to myself. The flag is made of silk. Other than the slight staining, in the upper right hand corner of

Default Hinomaru Yosegaki with Shrine Stamp and Artwork

Hello Everyone,
    I recently purchased this Hinomaru Yosegaki as a late Christmas present to myself. The flag is made of silk. Other than the slight staining, in the upper right hand corner of the flag you can see a shrine stamp. In the bottom left corner is some artwork of mountains. Artwork on these types of flags is relatively rare so its neat to see. I plan on framing it and using it as a display with the rest of Japanese militaria collection. I will post more pictures with my rifles when it comes in.

THinomaru Yosegaki with Shrine Stamp and ArtworkHinomaru Yosegaki with Shrine Stamp and ArtworkHinomaru Yosegaki with Shrine Stamp and ArtworkHinomaru Yosegaki with Shrine Stamp and ArtworkHinomaru Yosegaki with Shrine Stamp and Artwork

?

Very nice one.

Thanks Steve!

Made out to Mr. Kido in the upper right corner, under a shrine stamp. I cannot make out the first part of Kido's given name.

In one handwriting:
    城戸*四郎
    Kido *~shiro

武運長久
    Buun Chokyu
    Eternal Luck in the Fortunes of War

古賀
    Koga - a family name

another handwriting:
    博多通連
    Hakata Tsuren
    I can't make out if this is a wierd name, or a company name; Hakata is a place-name

門_______聖
    Mon .......Sei
    Gate ---- Sacred
    [*IF* I'm reading this correctly. 門人 "Monjin" means disciple/student: one who enters the "gate." But 門聖 "Sacred Gate"???

Looks like I'm sowing more confusion than clarification.

The seal-stamp:
    Miyazaki Shrine

官幣大社
    宮崎宮印

Kanpei Dai-Sha
    Miyazaki Kan-in

["Kan-in" is also read as "Miya Shirushi" - shrine mark - and might be the preferred pronunciation; I don't know which is correct.]

Special Grand Shrine
    Miyazaki Shrine-Seal

官幣社 【かんぺいしゃ】Kanpei-sha (n) (obs) shrine receiving offerings from the Bureau of Divinities (pre-Meiji) or the Imperial Household Department (post-Meiji)

Miyazaki Shrine on Wiki.

Similar to these two seals attached below [exact same kanji, but different style of seal-script].

--Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hinomaru Yosegaki with Shrine Stamp and Artwork  

Thanks for the information, Guy! I did want to find someone who could try to translate the Kanji. I took Arabic in college so its totally different for me haha. And thanks for showing the stamps!

T