Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I found a flag!

Article about: After looking, and asking questions on the forum, I wanted to share the flag I picked up. I hope you like it. Any comments are welcome. Thank you, Paul

Default I found a flag!

After looking, and asking questions on the forum, I wanted to share the flag I picked up. I hope you like it. Any comments are welcome.
    Thank you,
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I found a flag!  

Looks good. I may be wrong but it may need to be flipped over for others to read.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Looks good. I may be wrong but it may need to be flipped over for others to read.
    No, it is correctly shown.

Navy!!!

海軍電測術豫備練習性増子昭一君
    Shuku Kaigun Densoku-jutsu Yōbi Renshu-sei Mashiko Shō'ichi-kun
    Congratulations to Navy Radar Technician Reserve Training Student Mashiko Shōichi
    [surname is Mashiko]

I'm not too confident saying "radar technician". The closest I could find was on a page titled "Navy Radar" and way down in the text is this line:

海軍電測術=Navy electrometry
    これら幻術まがいの電気磁気学・電波工学こそ海軍電測術の奥義だった!
    These phantoms of electromagnetism and radio wave engineering were the secrets of Navy electrometry!

A few (4 or 5) slogans:
    祈武運長久
    Ki Bu'un Chōkyū
    Prayers for continued luck in the fortunes of war

祈必勝
    Ki Hisshoū
    Prayers for Assured Victory

then this:
    第二電工
    Dai-ni Den Kō
    No. 2 Electrical Factory
    Perhaps it is a shorter version of 第二電気工場 Dai-ni Denki Kōjo

--Guy

P.S. I did find a page in Japanese about the Navy Electrical Measurement School -- He would have graduated this school.

Quote by Japanese Wiki
    海軍電測学校 The Naval Electrical Measurement School [Kaigun Densoku Gakkō] is an educational institution that trains masters of radar detection, operation, and maintenance techniques on ships and ground bases in the Imperial Japanese Navy. Independent from the Navy correspondence school, a general course, advanced course, special course, and major course were established.

Overview and history

Of course, the Japanese Navy, which was late in placing importance on radar, was not actively developing radar-related technology and training personnel, and electro-technical education was conducted at a correspondence school.

In order to promote the development of radar / reverse search that does not progress slowly, the Technical Research Laboratory under the Kansei HQ and the Aircraft Support under the Navy Aviation Headquarters were merged. The Navy Radio Headquarters was established on April 20, 1944. Correspondingly, the Navy Dept. of Measurement was opened in Fujisawa City on September 1, 1944, with the aim of training radar engineers for ships and ground bases, as well as expanding the number of researchers. In Fujisawa, the Fujisawa Navy Air Corps, which conducts training for aviation radio wave and optical weapon maintenance training, was opened in June.

As with other technical schools, the Densoku School was set up with 4 courses, with trainees being sent to the field and students being sent to the Radio Headquarters and various headquarters. However, without being able to develop a satisfactory radar at last, the radio wave headquarters was reduced to the second technical center on February 1, 1945, and it became difficult to develop the maximum amount of [qualified students]. Also, because Fujisawa's runway was adjacent, it was frequently subjected to Allied bombing and machine gun sweeps, and lectures did not progress.

The schools completed completion by July 15 and received notifications to direct the graduates to the mainland decisive battle personnel. However, because Denso School was designed to train special mission personnel, it was exempted from completion and closing, and closed in September 1945 after the defeat.
    Last edited by ghp95134; 08-12-2019 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added 君 kun [Mr.]

Quote by Ryoyo View Post
    No, it is correctly shown.
    Thank you for keeping me straight.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Congratulations Paul! I am just getting interested in Japanese militaria and I am looking for one of these flags. I love the patina of your flag! Its a keeper for sure

Guy, Thank you very much for the information. I am thrilled.
    Thank you everyone for your replies and encouragement.

?

Great looking flag Paul! Nice to be navy related!

Regards

Russ