Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ID This helmet please

Article about: Just picked this up in a group of US and German things. What exactly is it.

Default ID This helmet please

Just picked this up in a group of US and German things. What exactly is it.

ID This helmet pleaseID This helmet pleaseID This helmet pleaseID This helmet pleaseID This helmet pleaseID This helmet pleaseID This helmet please

?

Default Re: ID This helmet please

That is a really excellent looking Japanese Army helmet (type 90) i think, with very nice three pad liner and what looks like original chin tapes, worth a fair bit of money, if all original , and it looks like it with original paint, very lucky to find one in this condition

?

yup looks like a very nice & desirable complete WW2 Japanese helmet nice find

?

Actually it is a piece of junk.
    Send it to me immediatly.

SteveR.

LOLOLOLOLO

I have two and that is the worst of the two. I only need one for my display.
    If interested email me at ncblksmth1@yahoo.com
    Last edited by ncblksmth1; 05-25-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Nice Japanese lid..................!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Now thats a bit of a revelation, and i think a clever sales ploy, gain interest in what is considered a very desirable helmet, wait for someones response and desire to own one, then announce to the world that its one of a pair and the poorer of the two, then negotiate a sale on something that in the initial stages was put up for identification, a bit of a round the houses way to sell something and conveniently avoiding the forums rules regarding militaria for sale, not that im in the market for it, but come on, I might be totally wrong but it smacks of salesmanship, if youve got two of the same helmet, why not show both in the first place especially if youve no idea what the damn thing is, surely you would want to show the best looking lid as well, thats what this hobby is all about

Well Dave I apologize for not showing the other helmet. This first helmet was laying about in this guys attic and was sitting on the shelf with the lid on one of the chinstraps. That happened to be one of the spots of rust. Now picture the same helmet without that particular rust and you will be picturing the rostefrei helmet.

Last time I put something on the for sale board noone looked at it for weeks.