Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Identification needed katana tang markings

Article about: These pics are posted on another militaria Forum but there is no respons on the question what these japanese characters on the tang stand for. In hope to get better response here! Thx in adv

?

Default Identification needed katana tang markings

These pics are posted on another militaria Forum but there is no respons on the question what these japanese characters on the tang stand for.
    In hope to get better response here!
    Thx in advance!
    Regards
    Ger
    Identification needed  katana tang markingsIdentification needed  katana tang markings

[] 酒向兼茂
    [Seki] Sakō Kaneshige

--Guy

?

Thank you Guy, much appreciated!!

regards,
    Ger

?

Guy it comes with a silver plate, it also bears characters, are they readable?
    If so what is de meaning of them?
    Im very curious, they are very elegant but also full of strenght.
    Hope you can identify them.

Thx in advance!

Regards
    Ger
    Identification needed  katana tang markings

Sorry, that is just like a beautiful calligraphy and I can't even make out the characters. You'll need a native-speaker's expertise here.

--Guy

PM Nick Komiya. Possibly he can help. For your future information, it is far easier for non Japanese to read the kanji if you do not post it sideways or upside down. Guy is an exception but it is difficult for me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    PM Nick Komiya. Possibly he can help. For your future information, it is far easier for non Japanese to read the kanji if you do not post it sideways or upside down. Guy is an exception but it is difficult for me.
    Thats funny Bob, as i cant read Kanji i have no idea if its posted sideways or flipped, LOL, it crossed my mind though...

Thx for pointing out Nick, unfortunate his email quota on WAF has exceeded his max, so i mailed him instead of pm, hope it will reach him

Thx
    Ger

?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Sorry, that is just like a beautiful calligraphy and I can't even make out the characters. You'll need a native-speaker's expertise here.

--Guy
    Thx for taking another look Guy!
    Appreciated.

Ger

Ger

I don't post at WAF anymore all my posts are here instead.
    It is not really important to be able to read the words on the silver plate as it is not military and says nothing that would make a real difference to you. It just shows the name of the piece and the artisan's name. The artist looks like a Yoshinori and the piece is named "single leaf XX". With some effort I should be able to decipher it all, but we already have the context and the effort is not worth it.

?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Ger

I don't post at WAF anymore all my posts are here instead.
    It is not really important to be able to read the words on the silver plate as it is not military and says nothing that would make a real difference to you. It just shows the name of the piece and the artisan's name. The artist looks like a Yoshinori and the piece is named "single leaf XX". With some effort I should be able to decipher it all, but we already have the context and the effort is not worth it.

Thank you Nick, highly appreciated!

Regards
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast