Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

if she know my wife wil kill me

Article about: hello my friend from japan came visit me and brought me these new items. hopefully my wife will not go on the attic. enjoy

?

Thanks for sharing. If she is like my wife she checked security camera tapes already and is just waiting for you like a cougar in a tree to come clean.

My wife likes to wait a few weeks and then bring it up when I have food or drink in my mouth. This way it is even harder to swallow. It does give me a split second to recall my alibi.

Good luck. Fortify the attic
    Last edited by Rossi; 10-30-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

hello guys thank you all for your kind words.
    for what helmet it is i d'ont think for suicide but more for a exposed gunner but that is just my opinion.
    i keep my wife busy with brownies and her favorite shows on tv. for the moment i am on the winning hand.
    and i am lucky for that she d'ont know the security code of the alarm on the attic.

greetings

Quote by delibes View Post
    hello guys thank you all for your kind words.
    for what helmet it is i d'ont think for suicide but more for a exposed gunner but that is just my opinion.
    i keep my wife busy with brownies and her favorite shows on tv. for the moment i am on the winning hand.
    and i am lucky for that she d'ont know the security code of the alarm on the attic.

greetings
    Send me €100 now or I will email your wife and give her a link to this thread.

(^__^)

--Guy

Quote by real steel View Post
    It is similar to the one on Bill Sheas site & described as a "Japanese suicide boat pilot helmet". You can read about it if you have interest on Bill's site. Quite rare & expensive (If it is the same type helmet)
    This IJN helmet is mistakenly called a suicide boat helmet and it's hard to know for sure where that label came from years and years ago in the collecting field. It is double thickness in the front and pretty darn heavy.

What it actually came from is 4 piece set of armor all painted the same color. I saw the complete set in a wartime photograph taken at Redstone Arsenal. The whole set was 1. the helmet, 2. a full chest plate, 3. two knee-to-ankle lower leg guards .
    the whole set was used in an ordnance, bomb disposal role. their job was to remove and dispose of unexploded shells that struck a ship. Or if some accident happened on board that required a weapon/ammo to be "safed". I've tried to find that Redstone Arsenal picture again and just can't! :- ( But it was unmistakable - they all were painted the exact same color as this helmet. I have also seen one IJN photo where a gunner on a station was wearing this type of helmet - but I think it was an exception, not the rule.

In ALL the IJN wartime photos of the Suicide boat pilots I have seen in propaganda and postwar magazines they are waering IJN pilot hlemts (leather) and flight goggles.

Either way -it is a NICE HELMET

Quote by Long Shot View Post
    This IJN helmet is mistakenly called a suicide boat helmet and it's hard to know for sure where that label came from years and years ago in the collecting field. It is double thickness in the front and pretty darn heavy.

What it actually came from is 4 piece set of armor all painted the same color. I saw the complete set in a wartime photograph taken at Redstone Arsenal. The whole set was 1. the helmet, 2. a full chest plate, 3. two knee-to-ankle lower leg guards .
    the whole set was used in an ordnance, bomb disposal role. their job was to remove and dispose of unexploded shells that struck a ship. Or if some accident happened on board that required a weapon/ammo to be "safed". I've tried to find that Redstone Arsenal picture again and just can't! :- ( But it was unmistakable - they all were painted the exact same color as this helmet. I have also seen one IJN photo where a gunner on a station was wearing this type of helmet - but I think it was an exception, not the rule.

In ALL the IJN wartime photos of the Suicide boat pilots I have seen in propaganda and postwar magazines they are waering IJN pilot hlemts (leather) and flight goggles.

Either way -it is a NICE HELMET
    And of course if you are on a suicide mission... would you really bother wearing a metal helmet?

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    And of course if you are on a suicide mission... would you really bother wearing a metal helmet?
    I have thought about that off and on, and have come to the conclusion that if a bit of metal strapped to the noggin extended the life of the mission to the point of successful detonation, I think I would!

Tom

i would love to see that photo of that armor set.

delibes

Quote by delibes View Post
    i would love to see that photo of that armor set.

delibes
    Ask and ye shall receive.

source
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture if she know my wife wil kill me  
    Attached Images Attached Images if she know my wife wil kill me  if she know my wife wil kill me 

Interestingly ... the inside of the leg armor says (left), the GI wears it on his right leg.

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Interestingly ... the inside of the leg armor says (left), the GI wears it on his right leg.
    The same GI discharged a "knee" mortar on his thigh and broke his femur...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast