Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IJA Canteen - Indonesian Officer Named

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, i manage to bought this wonderful IJA canteen in here. Annoyed from this ads?   The replacement stopper Marking 1941 with the company "tsa"? Beside th

Talking IJA Canteen - Indonesian Officer Named

Hello fellow collectors, i manage to bought this wonderful IJA canteen in here.
    IJA Canteen - Indonesian Officer NamedIJA Canteen - Indonesian Officer NamedIJA Canteen - Indonesian Officer NamedIJA Canteen - Indonesian Officer Named

The replacement stopper
    IJA Canteen - Indonesian Officer NamedIJA Canteen - Indonesian Officer Named

Marking 1941 with the company "tsa"?

Beside that, i found an inscription etched on behind of the canteen when i check it before to go to bed:
    After some checking via photoshop:
    "LETDA MARWOTO
    47" !
    (LETDA = acronym from LETnan DuA or second lieutenant)

After a bit researching, and after looking that the seller got this canteen in solo, there’s a possibility this canteen belong to Marwoto the commander of IV Company, II Detachment, 17th Brigade, Kesatuan Reserve Umum “W” (Main Reserve Forces) in Solo. Part of Tentara Pelajar (Student Army) Forces during Indonesian Independence War.

The "Tentara Pelajar" on Madiun East Java but in the same year

Before stationed in there, Marwoto commanded Tentara Pelajar Batalion 200 (200th Battalion Student Army) based in Semarang – Pati in Central Java. He commanded this forces taking over from Darjono Wasito (ca. 1946 – 47). Although this forces was named battalion, the true nature of this forces is only a company. When the Tentara Pelajar was incorporated with the TNI (Indonesian Army) in 1947, Marwoto got his official rank as second lieutenant. Later in the same year, those forces along with part of 500th Battalion Student Army merge themself and stationed in Magelang still in Central Java with the new name I Company, III Detachment, 17th Brigade, Kesatuan Reserve Umum “W”. Despite the merging, Marwoto kept his station. During Dutch 2nd Invasion (Police Action) in 1948, this merging forces separate again with their same old name and Marwoto commanded his old force again. Afterward, his battalion return to their origin station once again.
    Later his troop, joined with the II Detachment led by Major Achmadi and rechristened with the name IV Company. Leading this new name, Marwoto probably was promoted to Captain. In his new post, he led his forces in the battle in Semarang. In there, he got position in the IV Sector in South Semarang. His forces never cease in battling the dutch army especially in the southern front in Srondol and the south eastern front in Mranggen. After the Round Table Conference in 1949, Marwoto company along with the other entered Semarang and recieve the Semarang control from the Dutch Army. Marwoto survived the war with the rank of Captain.
    Unfortunately i cant find his photo.

Thank you for watching and is anyone know what the company "tsa" means in here? Where its come from?

nice post.

Very interesting post.
    My father went from Holland to the Dutch indies during the Indonesian Independence War.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice post.
    Thank you sir.

Quote by stekker View Post
    Very interesting post.
    My father went from Holland to the Dutch indies during the Indonesian Independence War.
    I see, kind of remind me with the late father of a friend of mine. He's serving in java but during the pre-war. And if you don't mind, in what unit your father was serving sir?
    During that era too, my late grandfather served the TNI but got captured and in the end he's working in the NEI government as a civil servant.

Very interesting material, indeed.

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!
    Taka

Very nice research for your post!!!

Charlie

You have a very unique IJA canteen used in two wars lot of nice research you have done. timothy

Quote by feldgrau33 View Post
    ...Thank you for watching and is anyone know what the company "tsa" means in here? Where its come from?
    It looks like the katakana "sa" サ within a lozenge, but the line ends extended (sort of like two pine needles).

<サ>

After Googling, I cannot find anything. Hopefully one of the expert collectors can make sense of the maker's mark.

Imagine something like this, but with サ in the center, and the bottom point with extended lines like on the other three points:

Regards,
    --Guy

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Very interesting material, indeed.

Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Quote by Charlie1 View Post
    Very nice research for your post!!!

Charlie
    Quote by timothy View Post
    You have a very unique IJA canteen used in two wars lot of nice research you have done. timothy
    Thank you and your welcome gents. It's really fascinating seeing pre-war or wartime equipment belonging from both sides in the WW2 used by the TNI. It's like seeing a neutral country using equipment from both sides during the war.

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    It looks like the katakana "sa" サ within a lozenge, but the line ends extended (sort of like two pine needles).

<サ>

After Googling, I cannot find anything. Hopefully one of the expert collectors can make sense of the maker's mark.

Imagine something like this, but with サ in the center, and the bottom point with extended lines like on the other three points:

Regards,
    --Guy
    Ah thank you! Hope someone know this.

Quote by feldgrau33 View Post
    Thank you and your welcome gents. It's really fascinating seeing pre-war or wartime equipment belonging from both sides in the WW2 used by the TNI. It's like seeing a neutral country using equipment from both sides during the war.
    Neutral....LOL
    Nice photo!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast