Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

IJA Rising Sun Flag

Article about: would appreciate opinions on this IJA Flag approx 28 inches by 46 multi piece construction - 2 inch wide pocket for hanging pole with loops machine stitched which looks unusual and many loos

Default Japanese Flag

would appreciate opinions on this Japanese Flag approx 28 inches by 46
    multi piece construction - 2 inch wide pocket for hanging pole with loops

IJA Rising Sun FlagIJA Rising Sun FlagIJA Rising Sun FlagIJA Rising Sun FlagIJA Rising Sun FlagIJA Rising Sun FlagIJA Rising Sun FlagIJA Rising Sun FlagIJA Rising Sun Flag
    Last edited by William777; 05-27-2016 at 11:30 PM.

These are actually civilian flags, not army. Almost all homes would have had one of these during the war and they were put up in front of the house often crossed with the standard meatball national flag. They were put in front on national holidays and special occasions like sending a son off to war. They were simply seen as a variant of the national flag. Here's how they were used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Rising Sun Flag   IJA Rising Sun Flag  

MAP
    ?

Great photos Nick. Tells a story! Lots of young children, wives and elderly.....but very few young men or fathers. Probably already off to war.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A fine war-era flag, in my eyes, and in perfect size for display. A very nice find, indeed!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A very nice period original flag in excellent condition.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The crossed national flag/battle flag format shown in Nick's photos is also probably the most illustrated artwork pattern seen on Japanese Off-to-War Banners as well.

MichaelB