MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IJA sunflaps

Article about: Hi everyone, ive just bought these IJA sunflaps, they are showa 18 1943..couldnt find one original modern picture to go off, so i checked all the known copies, i know not the right way to do

Default IJA sunflaps

Hi everyone, ive just bought these IJA sunflaps, they are showa 18 1943..couldnt find one original modern picture to go off, so i checked all the known copies, i know not the right way to do it but i had no option in the time..anyways they look good to me, thoughts are always appreciated ..these are the sellers photos
    IJA sunflapsIJA sunflapsIJA sunflapsIJA sunflaps
    Last edited by wizardman; 05-31-2017 at 01:27 AM.

?

One of, if not the hardest piece of Japanese military cloth to judge! The discoloration does strike me as odd.

I got this from Augusto Motolo, and yes they are extremely hard to work out..i couldnt find any 'fake' ones the same as this.. i believe the discoloration is mold?

MAP
    ?

I will always defer to Jareth and not an item I've handled before but I think the Heitai book has some examples. Don't have it with me now but I could check tomorrow if needed.
    Last edited by MAP; 06-01-2017 at 03:06 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

i found these replicas that are similar, but i think are a little different, they are very similar though
    IJA sunflapsIJA sunflapsIJA sunflaps

I just spoke to Augusto, and he got it from an auction in Japan

MAP
    ?

I just check Agustin Saiz "Heitai" book. Hard to tell much and compare from his photos as they are a bit small...but I don't see anything that glaringly stands out as bad.

For a bit of color. He does say that these were manufactured at garrison workshops or by the soldiers themselves. The garrison versions having the stamping. His garrison examples all of the stamping on the left side.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map, ive been researching all night, Jareth gave me some good links..these are so hard to tell, what i cant understand, is where did they get the model for that copy one shown here, did they mass produce one thats the same as mine, then they got hold of one like mine to produce the copy so similar?
    Last edited by wizardman; 06-01-2017 at 01:37 PM.

MAP
    ?

I'm sure they just copied an original. They are quite simple designs. As I noted, many of these were field made by soldiers themselves (at least according to the book) so I'm sure someone could just make a copy just as easy.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I will always defer to Jareth and not an item I've handled before but I think the Heitai book has some examples. Don't have it with me now but I could check tomorrow if needed.
    I'm glad you fixed it.

Heitai=Army Soldier
    Hentai=Sexual Pervert

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast