Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

IJA Tropical tunic?

Article about: Just picked this one up today. At first, I thought it was a tropical tunic, but when I checked my reference it said all tropical tunics had the buttoned flap beneath the open armpit. This tu

?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Type 4's short-sleeved tunic with only one breast pocket would not have been worn by army combatants, as even the IJA M44 style (same concept as the German M44 jacket) kept two breast pockets, even though the flaps got simplified into triangles.

It had to be for those in the rear, less deserving of pockets, but that included student uniforms, army civilian worker uniforms, prison uniforms, etc, a search area too wide to deal with at this time. So I will keep the question on the back shelf and provide an update when and if I come across any material identifying the purpose. Anyway it was certainly not a simple variation summer jacket, but something designed for special non-combatants.

By the way, here's a special tropical jacket for army paratroopers.

so until you have definitive evidence do not know what it is?
    There is no evidence that it is not military and there is no evidence that it is military, the buttons are identical to those of the army, not as a student and not as a civilian garment, I hope soon we can know what is

It is army marked, so for sure it's military and not civilian, but not part of a combat uniform. Single breast pockets are features seen on rear line army uniforms like work uniforms, army hospital patient wear, army school student items. I have seen these identified as prisoner of war tunics or work uniforms, which probably are assumptions made from the single breast pocket, but without document proof that is no identification.

?

Here other Military summer tunic??? Civil? School?

IJA Tropical tunic?IJA Tropical tunic?IJA Tropical tunic?

That is army marked too, but the photos lack definition and I can't even see what kind of pockets it has, it looks like it has no pockets at all, so better photos are needed for ID.

?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    That is army marked too, but the photos lack definition and I can't even see what kind of pockets it has, it looks like it has no pockets at all, so better photos are needed for ID.
    IJA Tropical tunic?IJA Tropical tunic?

I have only this pictures

?

It look like this IJA Tropical tunic?

?

on the previous short-sleeved tunic I noticed two loops made with some stitched thread, I tried to insert a military patch, they seem made for that.
    IJA Tropical tunic?IJA Tropical tunic?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234