Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

IJA type 90 helmet/cover/net

Article about: Haven’t posted anything for a while now. Anyway here is a helmet I managed to get a few weeks ago. To me this seems a rare’ish set to turn up over here in the uk, when i seen it, even though

Default IJA type 90 helmet/cover/net

Haven’t posted anything for a while now.
    Anyway here is a helmet I managed to get a few weeks ago.
    To me this seems a rare’ish set to turn up over here in the uk, when i seen it, even though it wasn’t in great condition I just had to have it. Never cost a fortune.
    It looks like its been sitting on its rim somewhere where its been getting damp from time to time, this is the only explanation I can come up with why the helmet is so corroded on the outside yet the inside is in not bad condition.
    To me this is a set that has been together for ever. But however all comments welcome. Note the extra split ring on the back bale for the chin strap, perhaps the wearer had a small head. and the rust rivet head marks on the inside of the cover.
    The story that goes with this is that the guy I bought it from used to dive a skip lorry years ago and this was in one of the skips he was picking up, he recognized what it was straight away and saved it, and kept it for years.
    The seller had taken it apart in order to take pictures for selling, so I I didn’t see a problem doing the same to show you guys.
    I know its a second pattern cover.
    Comments welcome.
    Regards
    Rod

IJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/net IJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/netIJA type 90 helmet/cover/net
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA type 90 helmet/cover/net  
    Last edited by plumbob; 01-07-2017 at 11:27 PM.

The cloth helmet cover is dated 1943. I'm not a collector, so can't expand on anything else.

昭和十八年製
    Showa Juhachi-Nen Sei
    Made in Showa 18 Year [1943]

--Guy