Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IJA type 95

Article about: I believe this to be a good Nagoya IJA type 95 sword. This is a late war with the side release and is a matching number scabbard.

Default IJA type 95

I believe this to be a good Nagoya IJA type 95 sword. This is a late war with the side release and is a matching number scabbard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAX_1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	245.9 KB 
ID:	781900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAX_2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	781901  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAX_3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	168.2 KB 
ID:	781902   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAX_4.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	781903  

Name:	MAX_5.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	207.8 KB 
ID:	781904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAX_6.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	310.9 KB 
ID:	781905  

Name:	MAX_7.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	259.8 KB 
ID:	781906  

It looks good to me. Sorry to see the tip damage. Marty

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    It looks good to me. Sorry to see the tip damage. Marty
    Thanks for the comments Marty. I think the camera angle may exagerate the tip damage. Overall it is a nice sword but probably not as good of quality build as the Tokyo arsenal swords I have IMHO.

Max

Max, still another nice sword for your collection and again great photography. This collecting thing can get out of hand.....nah....you can't ever collect to much. Marty

?

An authentic example of a less often found version that will be a nice addition to your collection although I don't categorize them as "late war". I think of the wooden tsuka versions as the late war types.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    ... Overall it is a nice sword but probably not as good of quality build as the Tokyo arsenal swords I have IMHO. ... Max
    I agree Max although I think it's a reflection of the time line rather than the maker. I believe these side latch versions were all made by Seki Sword Co. and distributed through Nagoya Arsenal. I suspect that had examples of the same type been made by others and put out through Tokyo First Arsenal they would have been of the same quality.

Still a very serviceable weapon and not something that I'd lack confidence in if I were depending upon it to save my hide.

Regards,
    Stu

?

Any fuchi stampings visible Max? I know they are not present on all examples but some do have them to one degree or another. Here are the ones Seki-Nagoya-Nagoya on mine.

Regards,
    Stu

ATTACH=CONFIG]781936[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seki - Nagoya - Nagoya.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	781936  

Stu,

Thank you for your input, it is appreciated. Even using a jewlers loop I cannot detect any stampings on the fuchi.

Max

?

Looks good.
    Had once the sidelock version without stamps on fuchi too.

?

A good example of the later produced blade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast