Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

IJN Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Article about: Hi guys..i really need some help with this...if i could get some translations and what some of these things are, that would be great..i am trying to boost my knowledge on Japanese items...th

Default IJN Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Hi guys..i really need some help with this...if i could get some translations and what some of these things are, that would be great..i am trying to boost my knowledge on Japanese items...this is all the contents of the bag.. Thank you
    IJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & Contents

Rod
    ?

It's a Taisho period expired service infantryman's hokobukuro. His name seems to be (last name) Takeuchi (first) Tadanao (or Tadasu). The certificate is dated Taisho 6 (1917 I think) November 19th. On the back of the Service Note Book cover I think it says 50th Infantry Regiment, 1st Company. I think he was a Jōtōhei, Superior Private.

My attempt to read some of your items, if there are mistakes Guy or someone with better skills than mine will correct me.

I know if Tom happens by he would like to see some of what is written in the note book, it should contain details of the man's time in the service.

Rod

Thanks Rod, i appreciate that

Your vet seemed raring to go to another war, as he had all he needed to go to war in that bag. The cord and wooden tag are to send back home his civilian clothes once he got his new army uniform issued. Also the certificate you show just before his pay book is his NCO aptitude certificate which he got as a result of his first stint as an EM, which qualifies him to come back as an NCO next time around. The one above that is his good conduct certificate. It looks almost like he was looking forward to another go at it as a NCO. The envelope was for his NCO aptitude certificate and the pink book is a machine gunner manual. The booklet before the cord was an application booklet for the local veteran's organization. Masanao Takeuchi was his name, a resident of Nagano Prefecture.

Rod
    ?

You're welcome wizardman, "and now you know... the rest of the story" thanks to Nick.

Thank you Nick! Who knew 正 is Masa? My reference doesn't show masa for any of the 1,850 essential kanji included, although it does now (penciled in).

Rod

Thank you Nick and Rod for your help, always good to learn about items..I forgot to add this little box that was in with the bag, i have no idea what it is, its really small
    IJN Personal Effects Bag & ContentsIJN Personal Effects Bag & Contents

That little box was for the vet badge as shown below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Personal Effects Bag & Contents