Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IJN Visor Cap with Case

Article about: Hello All,I thought I would post some photos of a piece from my collection.I was surprised to learn several years ago that the White Naval visor cap was not a specific hat for summer wear, b

Default IJN Visor Cap with Case

Hello All,I thought I would post some photos of a piece from my collection.I was surprised to learn several years ago that the White Naval visor cap was not a specific hat for summer wear, but actually the standard Navy visor with a white removable summer cover! here is a set complete with the case and summer cover.The Navy emblem is attached in a way to allow the summer cover to slip behind it.The officers name "Ohatani" is embroidered on the hats liner and stamped on the case.Thanks to Guy for the help with the translation!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010275.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	898279  

Open Case
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010277.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	898280  

Interior with Officers Name

Name:	P1010269.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	259.1 KB 
ID:	898281  

The Visor Cap without Cover

Name:	P1010256.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	898282  

And Finally With the Summer Cover

Name:	P1010249.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	178.6 KB 
ID:	898283  

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    The officers name "Ohatani" is embroidered on the hats liner and stamped on the case.Thanks to Guy for the help with the translation!
    I've got to correct myself, then. The officer's name is Otani. Today, that would be written in romaji as Ōtani [note the diacritical mark] or Ootani [extended o-vowel sound, like "oh"]; maybe even as Ohtani. I guess back then the extended-o was written as "o ha". Today we (non-Japanese) normally write it as Otani.

大谷
    Ōtani

おはたに
    Ohatani

おおたに
    Ootani

--Guy

MAP
    ?

Beautiful. I have yet to run across one of these. Great item.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for showing this fantastic set Geoff , in super condition .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Beautiful set Geoff, top condition!

Regards

Russ

?

Very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast