Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Input on late wooden handled NCO type 95, Fake or Authentic

Article about: Hi all, I'm in kind of a bind, I made a purchase on ebay (i know mot the smartest of moves ) for a wooden handled type 95 with a fullered blade. I originally thought these where just another

?

Default Input on late wooden handled NCO type 95, Fake or Authentic

Hi all,
    I'm in kind of a bind, I made a purchase on ebay (i know mot the smartest of moves ) for a wooden handled type 95 with a fullered blade. I originally thought these where just another variant to the non fullered types, but after reading up on this more I'm having doubts. Really would appreciate any thought you guys might have on this one.

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Input on late wooden handled NCO type 95, Fake or Authentic   Input on late wooden handled NCO type 95, Fake or Authentic  

Input on late wooden handled NCO type 95, Fake or Authentic   Input on late wooden handled NCO type 95, Fake or Authentic  

Input on late wooden handled NCO type 95, Fake or Authentic   Input on late wooden handled NCO type 95, Fake or Authentic  

I believe these are Chinese, not Japanese.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

If what You are asking is , is this a war time Japanese sword? then the answer is No.

?

I see,
    I guess that's what I get for jumping the gun.
    Thanks you very much for the information.
    Could you tell me what indicators show it to be fake? I'd really like to make sure this doesn't happen again. Or were wooden handles with fuller blades never produced by the Japanese in wwii?

Thanks again
    Paul

Quote by g8n1 View Post
    I see,
    I guess that's what I get for jumping the gun.
    Thanks you very much for the information.
    Could you tell me what indicators show it to be fake? I'd really like to make sure this doesn't happen again. Or were wooden handles with fuller blades never produced by the Japanese in wwii?

Thanks again
    Paul
    Hello Paul and welcome to the forum!
    I don't believe it is a fake, it is just not what you thought it was. I believe this is a late war Chinese officer's sword.
    I believe most late war Japanese swords had aluminum handles.
    Some other members will be along to clear things up for you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have to say later war Japanese nco sword with wooden handle I have seen them with these. There should be some sword experts on here that will tell us. I was offered one like it many years ago but don't collect them. timothy

Could it be an IJN Gunntou?

There is a marking with matching serial numbers 202920.

Regards,
    Taka

?

It's a late war Japanese NCO sword. This is a very well known variation. Totally original

?

Original japanese nco sword.

?

So it is an authentic piece? That would be great! I do have Jim Dawson's 'swords of imperial Japan'
    And with that as a guide I thought the handle and scabbard looked legit. But the book says the blades have no fuller and doesn't mention any that do. so that got me worried. This swords serial # does fall within what's listed in the book though. 202100 thru 215405 so if its not a fake, its early in the production sequence for this type. Even with the book I thought it best to check here to find out for sure. Thanks for all the responses! All the help either way it turns out is appreciated.
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast