Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting War Time Photo'.

Article about: One of the odder things to turn up on my Fb feed, from a site based in France.

?

Default Interesting War Time Photo'.

One of the odder things to turn up on my Fb feed, from a site based in France. Interesting War Time Photo'.

Here's another famous photo. An IJA owned Tiger I
    Attached Images Attached Images Interesting War Time Photo'. 

Some more images along the same theme
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting War Time Photo'.   Interesting War Time Photo'.  

Interesting War Time Photo'.   Interesting War Time Photo'.  

Attached Images Attached Images Interesting War Time Photo'.  Interesting War Time Photo'.  Interesting War Time Photo'.  Interesting War Time Photo'. 

Yasukuni Shrine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting War Time Photo'.  

?

Interesting War Time Photo'.

These are from the German POW camp in Kurume, Japan after WW1. Officers could have their wives rent homes in Japan and they visited their husbands regularly. The men could also freely take strolls in the countryside.

See how the Germans seemed to love the Japanese Golden Bat brand cigarettes in the last illustration.
    Many POWs felt quite at home in Japan and as many as 29 from this camp decided not to return to Germany, but stay in Japan to make a living there. There are several large businesses in Japan today which trace their origins back to these Germans that stayed.

At the time of leaving the camp to return home, the POW orchestra played Beethoven's Odes to Joy for the Japanese public as a thank you and goodbye. That was the first time ever that symphony number 9 was heard in Japan. Since then it has become a new year's tradition in Japan to play Odes of Joy every year.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting War Time Photo'.   Interesting War Time Photo'.