Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Japan sword ID

Article about: Paid 45 so no loss. Will just use the damascus blade for a custom build. Had the tsuba tested its copper zinc tin lead and iron

Default Japan sword ID

Wondering if anyone can tell me more about this damascus sword. I have seen examples with similar numbers under the habaki this is 593 so thinking this is real just looking for more info. All numbers for fittings are matching 593 except the tsuba it has some lettering I can't define. Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	669724Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	669725

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    More photos would help but, I am afraid this is likely a reproduction as Japanese swords are not constructed the same as damascus. Similar, but not the same.
    Other members will be along shortly to either agree with me, or tell you I am wrong.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    More photos would help but, I am afraid this is likely a reproduction as Japanese swords are not constructed the same as damascus. Similar, but not the same.
    Other members will be along shortly to either agree with me, or tell you I am wrong.
    Ralph.
    Couple more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	669741   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	669740  

The numbers on the blade is not a good sign. I have never seen as genuine Japanese sword with numbers stamped in except military NCO swords. Take a picture of the entire tank with the end towards the point up. The tsuba likely had a dark finish that some moron polished off to make it "shiny."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The numbers on the blade is not a good sign. ...
    Neither are the acid etched kanji on the blade, above the habaki.

--Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Neither are the acid etched kanji on the blade, above the habaki.

--Guy
    Good eye. I did not blow that picture up. Look at how poorly cut the machi is. That is where the blade ends and the tang begins. It should be a crisp 90 degrees and it is not. A definite fake likely Chinese.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Default More pics

Tsuba is bronze or brass and has a very slight magnetic property and for sure doesn't appear original to the rest of the fittings. Blade is well made damascus so for sure can use it to make a nice piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Views:	19 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	669871   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	669872  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	19 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	669873  

Chinese fake, given the acid etched characters..my opinion only, but seen many similar that were not the real thing.

?

Sorry you were defrauded by someone. There are butt loads of Chinese fakes in the market.

?

That is a Chinese made reproduction of a Japanese sword. There is nothing authentic Japanese about it in my view.

Regards,
    Stu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast