Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this Japanese?

Article about: hi huddyduddy, B29's were used to bomb japan from airfields in s.china.1st combat missions started in june 1944 from chengtu.Because of extreme costs of operations,these raids continued at r

Default is this Japanese?

Hi,

Can some one help here? is this Japanese?
    Aluminum made and it comes from the old capital of Japanese run Manchuria (north-eastern China 1932-1945).

The plane model is heavy, came from an old classroom (about 30cm).

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this Japanese?   is this Japanese?  

is this Japanese?   is this Japanese?  

is this Japanese?   is this Japanese?  

Default Re: is this Japanese?

Both items are quite crude in their manufacture. The bowl is not Japanese. The plane is an American B29. This is all I can tell you about these items.
    Bob
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi,

Have living in north-eastern China for 8 years now and have come across Japanese items in Chinese letters only, but maybe you are right here.
    Might be pre-1949 National army?

Neil.

Hi Bob,

Thanks again, thought it was a Japanese plane...
    Are those B29 plane models common?

Neil.

In the 50's there were a bunch of cast iron planes,tanks,soldiers made. Look up old toys,antiques etc. You should have some luck. At first I thought it might have been a recognition model for the military. But those were rubber I think.

Hi,

If it comes from China, from what was Manchuria during WWII, then could it be from the 1940's? Thanks.

Neil.

Quote by huddyhuddy View Post
    Hi,

If it comes from China, from what was Manchuria during WWII, then could it be from the 1940's? Thanks.

Neil.
    I don't know. It's possible I guess. I don't know why China would have made those back then.

Hi,

Back then it as the US that backed and supported, militarily, the Chinese Nationalist government.
    For example, I attached a scan of a 1945 Silver Star awarded to a Chinese major, Liu Shan Hun, fighting with the Americans to open the Burma Road. I don't have much info on the plane.

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this Japanese?  

Ok... The B29 (Enola Gay) was the plane that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, So this could possibly have som Japenese significance (considering that was where it was found). As for the bowl it is definetily Japenese but other than that i can't tell you anything.
    regards,
    Trevor in Cali.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Why would you think it to be Japanese? I read Chinese and the letters are Chinese, not Japnese...maybe you can tell me more about the symbol?

Thanks,
    Neil.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast