Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Japanese Ammo Pouch

Article about: Well thats great news, thank you!

Well thats great news, thank you!

?

There should be ink stamps under lid.

Thank you for your comment Jareth. There are no stamps. Do you think this means it is not a genuine piece? I was inclined to take Bob Coleman's word for it being OK.

I note that Mike Hewitt says in 'Uniforms and Equipment of The Imperial Japanese Army' that these pouches are very rarely marked. Presumably you have found differently?

Doug

?

It certainly looks original to me. I would have no concerns

Thanks very much. This is also on the WAF forum where somebody else thinks its a fake, so if anybody else has anything to contribute it would be welcome.

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Thank you for your comment Jareth. There are no stamps. Do you think this means it is not a genuine piece? I was inclined to take Bob Coleman's word for it being OK.

I note that Mike Hewitt says in 'Uniforms and Equipment of The Imperial Japanese Army' that these pouches are very rarely marked. Presumably you have found differently?

Doug
    I would consider Jareth's opinion over mine any time.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you everyone. It is interesting to note that everybody on WAF says its a fake. In total five people say fake and five say genuine.

Help with Japanese Ammo Pouch - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Last edited by douglas2496; 06-04-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Thank you everyone. It is interesting to note that everybody on WAF says its a fake.

Help with Japanese Ammo Pouch - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Typical pile on by majority opinion. Very common over there.
    BOB

Yes, good point. I have greater respect for this forum and the advice I have received here, so I will bear that in mind. However I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating it is not to be able to get a consensus.

Yes, good point. I have greater respect for this forum and the advice I have received here, so I will bear that in mind. However I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating it is not to be able to get a consensus.
    On a public forum, you never will get consensus, especially if the first response is negative. Years ago, I posted a commercial model SA helmet on WAF. It was perfectly legitimate. The first response was negative and the second one concuring with the first. Between the two of them, they had less than 35 posts! The next poster pointed out that neither knew what they were looking at, pointing out the errors they had made in judgement. It is not a consensus that is important. It is a consensus of opinions from known commodities.
    BOB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast