Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese army gasmask

Article about: Hi everyone, this IJA type 95 gasmask has just arrived today. It is dated 1938. I have been looking for one of these for a while. This one came from the US and is especially interesting as i

Default Japanese army gasmask

Hi everyone, this IJA type 95 gasmask has just arrived today. It is dated 1938. I have been looking for one of these for a while. This one came from the US and is especially interesting as it has what may be a fragmentation strike to the canister.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese army gasmask   Japanese army gasmask  

Japanese army gasmask   Japanese army gasmask  

Japanese army gasmask  

Rod
    ?

Hi Douglas,

Congratulations on finding the type 95 gas mask! Not so easy to do this complete. Are the lenses removable? Love the last picture with other items form your collection.

Regards, Rod

Thanks Rod, I'm very pleased with it. The lenses look to be removable but I havnt tried.

?

Nice display. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

douglas my apologises for missing this thread ,your displays are second to none in my opinion and you have amassed some great pieces i always find the condition of the lenses on these japanese gassies quite interesting ,my civilian mask also has a special lens, the front glass hasn't broken but it seems the plastic secondary lens has bore the brunt of the damage i will leave this one be for sure ,best regards, james Japanese army gasmask

Thanks for that and it's interesting to see your mask. I have observed that this damage to the eye pieces is common with these japanese masks. My assumption is that the eye pieces have a layer of gelatin inside them which is intended to prevent misting, and that this deteriorates with the result shown, however I do not know this for sure and it may well not be correct. It does look like organic decay however.

now that is a real interesting theory douglas i never knew of the gelatin covering so thank you for passing on this information my gassie is made of a rubberised canvas and i have a feeling yours is too but correct me if wrong

Yes, it's rubber covered with khaki cloth.

?

Great looking masks. I thank James for bring this to the top so that I could see what a fine collection of Japanese items you have Doug and I have to second what James had mentioned about your displays.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Fantastic item Doug and displayed faultless as ever,well done again and have a good one Bud..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast