Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Artillery Fuze? Odd markings

Article about: Hello, I just bought this item from an auction where it was advertised as the top of a Japanese landmine. I don’t think that’s what it is. It has a marking of two crossed cannons so I think

Default Japanese Artillery Fuze? Odd markings

Hello,

I just bought this item from an auction where it was advertised as the top of a Japanese landmine. I don’t think that’s what it is. It has a marking of two crossed cannons so I think it’s an artillery fuze but I’m not certain.

Can anyone tell me what this is and what type of munition it belonged to? Any help on age and rarity would also be appreciated. Also, any information on what the markings mean would be helpful. I’m a little confused by the Mercedes looking mark.

Thanks!

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Artillery Fuze? Odd markings   Japanese Artillery Fuze? Odd markings  

MAP
    ?

Welcome Customx.

If this doesn't get a response here in the Japanese section you might want to try posting in the Ordnance section. Or maybe a Moderator can link it if possible.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ordnance-ammo/

Not something I can help with unfortunately. But an interesting piece.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Looks like shell art: Someone attached a Type 88 fuse to the bottom of a cut artillery shell casing.

Tom

MAP
    ?

Quote by tomp View Post
    Looks like shell art: Someone attached a Type 88 fuse to the bottom of a cut artillery shell casing.

Tom
    Lol...now that you mention it, I see it....lol

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by tomp View Post

Tom
    Any idea what type of shell? Or what the markings mean?

MAP
    ?

Probably a 75 mm shell.

For a type 90 field gun???

?

The crossed cannons are Osaka army arsenal and the symbol to the left of it is Mukden arsenal.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

You guys are the best, thanks! Certainly explains why I couldn’t figure out what I had here. I guess it can be classified as WWII trench art. Thanks again!

?

This is only conjecture on my part,but this could possibly be a field made anti-tank mine made by attaching a type 88 knee mortar impact fuse to an artillery shell and then burying it in the ground...just a guess....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    This is only conjecture on my part,but this could possibly be a field made anti-tank mine made by attaching a type 88 knee mortar impact fuse to an artillery shell and then burying it in the ground...just a guess....Pete.
    That’s an interesting idea. I pick it up from the auction today and can get a better look at it and possibly post additional pictures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast